PDA

View Full Version : At which point a "Bonus" is no longer a "Bonus"?.

Baulucky
02-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Please state the answer you mostly agree with:

IMO, Party/skins are trying to 'find the market' with these bonus offerings. I.e.: There's a point of diminishing returns to 'the bonus-whore-market', above this point even a hardcore whore may choose to pass on the 'opportunity'.

As an example, I have 'saved' many months of interpoker bonuses that are worth more per hour than the pokernow latest 'flash-bonus', but I'll probably hit the pokernow anyway because it cannot be 'saved' for long. The decision is close though, I may just pass the pokernow-flash-bonus.

Re. The Hyper-10K-Bonus-Coupon: I think party will indeed use the idea in some form in the future (3 months). I'm not sure if they'll throw me a bone for telling them. I will peruse the coupon myself anyway if it becomes reality. Everyone's give-up-point will be different, but it's clear that UB's and other's bonuses may not be 'market-competitive' anymore.

Hung
02-06-2005, 08:48 AM
What is RH?

I only do party + skins bonuses.
But lately they're making it harder and harder. x5 the bonus amount went to x7 and now it's x10 The time to clear it has become very short too. Probably to prevent people to use multiple accounts. But even for one account it's hard to clear. They don't have anything to gain with this, so I don't understand why they give these kinds of "bonuses"

I'd rather player for a number of hands then collect points. I don't like UB's bonus because they give it out piece by piece. And it doesn't feels like a bonus. Your hourly rate goes up, but I like the feeling of clearing a bonus. You get the whole package at once.

Full tilt was the worst for now.

Baulucky
02-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Hi Hung. RH= 'Raked hand'. Most sites require N raked hands to give you the bonus, i.e.: One may need to play 900 total hands to clear a party $100 for 700 'raked hands' bonus.

Hung
02-06-2005, 09:00 AM
thanks, didn't think that far.
All these abbreviations. Like when a guy tells me I'm a MOFO SOAB when I outdraw him. I try not know what that is /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

RollaJ
02-06-2005, 09:15 AM
I think grouping UB bonuses with FullTilt is wrong, at middle limits UB bonuses clear pretty damn fast, Id guess it takes maybe 50% longer than at Party &Co. I just wish UB had more of them...... I really wish they'd do the SitNGo promo again

Baulucky
02-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Agree. UB's just clear painfully slow for very low limit players, I find them OK at 3-6 and they can be saved. It's just a different bonus, much bettter than the fulltilt (which also clears fast at high limit games where the bonus EV is really irrelevant).

solucky
02-06-2005, 10:12 AM
I see the Bonus more as a great rakeback deal for low stake players. From Rakeback i get 1000 hands 7% won = around 40$ rakes. 25% i get back 10$, so i also would play 50RH/$= 20$ cash. But only a deal for 0,5 players like me.

Wolfgang

Dariel86
02-06-2005, 10:25 AM
I think it's really good that the bonuses have to be cleared in a short time. The games are bad always when a bonus is on. Better to have more of the good games than longer time to clear.

Uglyowl
02-06-2005, 11:17 AM
I will state this again... Everyone is in love with RAKEBACK, but pisses & moans about fairly hi bonus requirements... i.e. 15X hands or 6% back of total rake.

In equal terms= In 15X hands this can be close to 100% rakeback if not more or in 6% of total rake this is about 50% rakeback.

Of course everyone loves the 20-25% rakeback and this is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

villafan
02-06-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They don't have anything to gain with this, so I don't understand why they give these kinds of "bonuses"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Party have a lot to gain with these bonuses (at least their shareholders). They are going to the stock exchange within short time. What is better to do than go to the marked with a great growth? It is obvious that the tougher bonuses and the short time to clear them makes a lot of people playing Party more than they otherwise would.

topspin
02-06-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's really good that the bonuses have to be cleared in a short time. The games are bad always when a bonus is on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause and effect. If the clearing time is short, then all the bonus whores cram on at the same time. If the duration becomes longer, the same number of people are spread over a bigger time interval, and the games will loosen up a bit. It's not like you can repeatedly whore the same bonus over and over.

Hung
02-06-2005, 11:39 AM
Of course everyone loves the 20-25% rakeback and this is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It's more like, since the wheel.
What they want is rakeback and bonus, which is not possible /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Not at the same time anyway

mikeyp
02-06-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is RH?

[/ QUOTE ]

Road Head

Rick Nebiolo
02-06-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's really good that the bonuses have to be cleared in a short time. The games are bad always when a bonus is on. Better to have more of the good games than longer time to clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

What level are the games most effected on Party, Empire and other skins?

~ Rick

goodguy_1
02-06-2005, 02:43 PM
I agree this makes no sense at all.Focusing on LHE here in general I make 3.3 cents per hand(all hands -not necessarily raked) at $3-6 LHE Full and ~ 5.5 cents at $5-10 6MAX on my rakeback deal-30% rakeback rate.When I do a typical $100 bonus from Party where u must play 7-10 raked hands times the bonus amount.In general (assuming ~70% of hands are raked for simplicity-this number varies greatly depending on limits/full/short etc.)you will have to play 1000 hands for 7x bonus and 1429 hands for a 10x bonus.Burning off a bonus at those rates I am making 10 cents per hand with a 7 times requirement and 7 cents per hand at 10x.So EVEN if you are playing $5-10 burning bonus is +ev even if you have a very good rakeback deal.Once you make more than 7-10(7x/10x bonii)cents per hand from rakeback bonuses are not worth chasing....

Piers
02-06-2005, 04:24 PM
I have averaged about ten games at once for about five hours a day for the last six mouths or so. Always played under bonus, but understandably have to be farley aggressive about chasing them. Fortunately I am happy to play at the 5/10 level, to make rakeback bonuses work. Bonuses like Full Tilt are only ‘bad’ if you have to play at the 0.5/1 level to clear them.