PDA

View Full Version : flopping two pait with paired board

marken
02-06-2005, 08:20 AM
This hand confuses me. No reads on UTG+1. the flop bet is good i think.
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $2. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

should i have bet here too? and if he raised, should i have folded?

River: (6.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

JackWilson
02-06-2005, 09:14 AM
You have got to bet a flop with top pair and a small open-pair on the board, no matter what your kicker. Very good so far. So what changes on the turn? I don't think anything does. You should have bet again IMO. Similarly I think betting the river is also correct. He posted a blind, so an Ace is pretty much about as scary as any other card in the deck.

Bob T.
02-06-2005, 10:01 AM
The flop bet is good. You will win this a fair amount of the time, especially since your the BB, and you could actually have a deuce, and frequently your top pair will be the best hand.

On the turn, it helps alot to know something about your opponents, which apparently you did not. Do they always take one off? Would they call with pocket fives here? Or overcards to the ten? I would tend to bet again against unknown opponenents. If they raise you, I think you are done with the hand, because they should be a little concerned about what you might have, so a raise probably means that you are beaten.

On the river, you are no longer playing your kicker, so you chop with every ten except AT, and T6, so the call is pretty easy.

poboys
02-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Lead out on the turn, fold to a raise. When the ace falls, check-call the river. Probably a split pot.