PDA

View Full Version : So, is this a situation that calls for folding AA? *low content? *

bigredlemon
02-06-2005, 04:42 AM
http://bigredlemon.com/pics/fun_poker.JPG

Presuming you're not in the blinds, and are not the big stack.

FYI, this is a limit game.

I managed to hit TPTK on the flop turned trips on the turn. With all the raising, the pot grew to 7000ish in chips. Turns out my A kicker beat his K kicker. Had he paired up, I would have been on the end with 200 chips.

lorinda
02-06-2005, 04:45 AM
No, because you want to make sure the BB busts.

If the huge stack calls and takes you out, you come third by virtue of having 8 more chips assuming that if he beats AA he beats the blind man.

Also, if you beat the big stack, but not the small one, you have 16 chips and the other tiny stack is all in before you are.

Edit: Also, if you're the 86 point stack, a triple through buys you enough to actually post a blind.

Lori

bigredlemon
02-06-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, because you want to make sure the BB busts.

If the huge stack calls and takes you out, you come third by virtue of having 8 more chips assuming that if he beats AA he beats the blind man.

Also, if you beat the big stack, but not the small one, you have 16 chips and the other tiny stack is all in before you are.

Edit: Also, if you're the 86 point stack, a triple through buys you enough to actually post a blind.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]
For the 86 stack, a triple through will not be enough to post BB. It does give you a small chance to hang on to the blinds if the big stack doesn't force you into a race. If you survive both, you get a free shot at knocking out the other small stack from SB. The odds of surviving twice with random cards in the blinds is small, so it still makes sense for 86 stack to push.

176 button on the other hand, might be worth folding. The odds of at least one of the other small stacks dying is too large. Even if you do triple up with AA, you are still going to be all in either in BB or SB anyway, unless the Big stack folds.

david050173
02-06-2005, 04:57 AM
The 86 will still be a bit short (blinds are 400) of posting a full blind but if the SB is still there he will be posting a miniblind (156) which you can cover. You will also have more chips than BB and 172 if they go all in.