PDA

View Full Version : Sit and go levels.... where's the skill difference start?

snowbank
02-06-2005, 04:25 AM
Sup guys,

I used to post in this forum all the time, used to play exclusively 1 table sit and goes. Haven't played in a long time. Last few days I've been foolin around with some $33's, and was thinkin about getting back into sit and goes for a few weeks because ring games have gotten a bit boring. Where's the difference in skill start? I remember someone saying it was at the $50's a while back. Is there much difference between the $30's and $50s? What about $50's and $100's? Thanks

Irieguy
02-06-2005, 04:31 AM
The answer and a thorough discussion of this topic can be found here:
lower limit SNGs are easier than higher limit SNGs (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1522082&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

Irieguy

Scuba Chuck
02-06-2005, 04:35 AM
I play the $22s thru $55s. I've played a few $109s, but not enough for me to give any adivce. Frankly, if you're starting at the $33s, I think you'r stating at the right place. I think the move to $55s is very subtle, and the subsequent move to $109 is another subtle change.

One great example is the quantity of true *fish* lessons as you move up buyins. For example, in levels 1 and 2, you won't be surprised when your AA alllin is called by someone with Ax on the $22s, and sometimes $33s. But you will be surprised how often people will push your raise allin with a hand like 77 on level 1. I view these as the smart *Fish.*

Essentially, the farther up the rung of the ladder you are on, the more likely there are fewer fish at your table, thus the more likely there are more players who understand more poker concepts and math. Another way to say it is, it is slightly more difficult to increase your stack because there are more people making fewer mistakes.

But in general, the better feel you have for the concepts of SnGs, the difference of the level up to $109s is probably insignificant. Just follow your bankroll.

snowbank
02-06-2005, 04:47 AM
Frankly, if you're starting at the $33s, I think you'r stating at the right place

I'm not really just starting out. I was getting tired of ring games, picked some $33's and played a bunch for fun. I'm more concerned with if I was going to play to make money at these for a few weeks or something, where I should be playing. It sounds like from your post the big jump is from the $50's to the $100s. So I should be playing the $55s? If there isn't much skill difference between the $33s and $55s, that makes sense for me to play there. Obviously there will be a little more competition, but if it's not significant, that sounds like the right place to be then as long as I read your post correctly. $55's you think from your experience?

Scuba Chuck
02-06-2005, 04:49 AM
Where were you playing b4 u left?

snowbank
02-06-2005, 05:05 AM
Where were you playing b4 u left?

I was playing NL ring games at Stars and Empire. 1/2 NL - 5/10 NL. More on the lower end of that though. Also a lot of heads up matches.