PDA

View Full Version : Tito Ortiz got VERY lucky tonight

Daliman
02-06-2005, 04:21 AM
The first round I think was only slightly in favor of Tito's opponent, but the 2nd round Tito was about to get knocked the fuc[/b]k out, when his oppenent got up and back on his feet(he was more of a slugger/striker to tito's graplling/grinding) and then immediately DROP ON TOP OF TITO INTO HIS GUARD! Completely moronic, and I can only classify it as he punched himself out like Foreman and Lang did and got too tired. Tito more outlasted the guy than defeated him, but, of course, that counts too.

The announcers afterwards were saying how Tito is back, and how great a performance it was....Look, he DID win, it WAS versus a quality opponent, but to say it was a statement fight is just dumb. His opponent was in bad cardio condition(although i can't imagine how, looking at him...), simple as that. If that guy had 30 seconds more gas in him, Tito is contemplating retirement.

Is it just me or is the WWF style silliness afterwards just barely short of believable? Liddell kicked the crap out of Tito last time, yet Tito saysd he'll kick his ass, then he calls Shamrock and "old man"(which, he kinda is. But let's see how Tito is holding up at 42 or so..) and says Shamrock is his bitc[/b]h. Just messed up. TIto always seemed just straight positive to me, backing up his talk. Now, like Shamrock said, running at the mouth. Liddell will crush him again. Tito just ain't that impressive anymore.

tbach24
02-06-2005, 04:25 AM
David Ortiz would destroy Tito Ortiz

Nagoo81
02-06-2005, 05:12 AM
The judges are idiots, plain and simple. Belfort clearly won the first and second rounds, but did lose the third. But 2 out of 3 still wins, if I correctly remember. Belfort could have fought a tad smarter and cleaner towards the end to make it look more decisive, but Tito won the judges over with his momentum towards the end.

I think that Liddell and Shamrock were pissed off because they knew that Ortiz shouldn't have won by a longshot. Frankly, any serious MMA fan knows Belfort won that match.

The only redeeming thing out of all of this was when Liddell called Ortiz out and Ortiz said, "Yeah, fight me and you'll REALLY be the Last of the Mohicans!" (because of Liddell's mohawk-esque haircut). That was definitely an el oh el.

The best would have been if Couture came in the ring and was like, "Uh, oh yeah I beat everyone in this ring."