PDA

View Full Version : Site for beginners and tournaments

07-20-2002, 05:47 AM
Hello,

1. I am Hold'em beginner and I want try some Low limit game, but lot players say, that Paradise Poker games are difficult to beat. Is there better site for start???

2. I watched some Tournaments yesterday and playing tournaments is more "lottery" then poker I think! Players often win with crazy hands as 73 (flop 465). Can somebody recommend GOOD book about tournament playing strategy?!

Thanks all.

P.S. Sorry for my english. /images/smile.gif

07-20-2002, 02:59 PM
Hi Marat. If you want to get your feet wet before diving into live money games, you might want to join up at www.pokerschoolonline.com (http://www.pokerschoolonline.com) for a while. These are play money games, but if you join the school, they are much more like live games. Don't play the "just for fun" games there (or anywhere else). It will distort your view of what reality is, they're so bad.

If you are ready for low-limit, live money games, I suggest Delta and UltimateBet. Delta specializes in low-limit games, and you'll find the people there friendlier and more helpful for beginners. The problem is that there currently aren't games going 24x7. You might find one at any time, but evenings are your best bet.

UltimateBet is also a good option for low-limit games. You're more option to find a game at any time, and they also have good low-limit games.

Sorry...can't help ya on the tournament books.

Good Luck! Please report back to us on your impressions.

07-23-2002, 06:10 PM
Planet Poker has a $.25 - $.50 micro-limit Texas Holdem game going most of the time, 10 seated with a $.25 big blind and a $.10 little blind. Check out the -Beginners Questions & Small Stakes forums for some good information on lower stakes Texas Holdem. Good luck.