PDA

View Full Version : SNL really does blow these days

ClaytonN
02-06-2005, 01:50 AM
n/m

Dynasty
02-06-2005, 01:54 AM
The show has always had peaks and valleys. I remember when everybody was calling for its cancellation in the early '80's when every other segment starred Billy Crystal as Fernando. A decade later SNL hit one of its peaks in the early '90's.

ClaytonN
02-06-2005, 02:00 AM
I remember when I was between elementary school and middle school, seeing Norm and Chris Rock and Farley and thinking this was the greatest show on earth.

This most recent episode I don't think I so much as chuckled once. The only highlight in their entire cast is Horatio Sanz.

mmbt0ne
02-06-2005, 02:16 AM
The only SNL I've enjoyed recently is when Lindsay Lohan's breasts played Hermione in the Harry Potter sketch.

Paluka
02-06-2005, 02:31 AM
The show really is awful. Amy Poehler is the funniest person on there, and when your funniest person is a chick you are in bad shape.

eric5148
02-06-2005, 02:40 AM
I kinda laughed at the nerd phone-sex sketch. Only because I immediately thought of 2+2ers with their WOW and LOTR crap.

mikeyvegas
02-06-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The show really is awful. Amy Poehler is the funniest person on there, and when your funniest person is a chick you are in bad shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

...what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Nottom
02-06-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chicks can be funny.

The problem is when you funniest person is someone who isn't funny.

Although maybe you are right and thats why MAD TV sucks.

Ianco15
02-06-2005, 03:57 AM
SNL and Mad TV both suck right now. Mad TV was pretty good between 98-2002. Now its total crap. They lost all their good people. Same with SNL. Will Farrel was carying that SNL and it shows since he left.

jason_t
02-06-2005, 03:58 AM
Just buy the Christopher Walken Best of SNL DVD. That'll make up for it.

eric5148
02-06-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just buy the Christopher Walken Best of SNL DVD. That'll make up for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it have the Pranksters sketch? That was gold.

jason_t
02-06-2005, 04:01 AM
Yes.

Jack of Arcades
02-06-2005, 06:26 AM
Horation can only be stomached in the "Rick, Rick, Rick" sketches with Amy which are gold.

The Paul Giamatti ep was nice.

Amy's great, Marvel is great too. I wish Maya would be showcased more.

wjmooner
02-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Horatio Sanz is the unfunniest person in the history of SNL. He is just horrible. While this seems counterintuitive, a comedian needs to be a professional in their job. My limit is usually three broken sketches a night, then I get annoyed.

Last night wasn't that great, but Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers are good.

WJ

BeerMoney
02-06-2005, 03:28 PM
I was thinking the same thing last night.. It was just incredibly unfunny. IT was painful.

eric5148
02-06-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Horation can only be stomached in the "Rick, Rick, Rick" sketches with Amy which are gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Those are the worst sketches in the whole show by far, I have to mute the TV for those.

Rushmore
02-06-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking the same thing last night.. It was just incredibly unfunny. IT was painful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord, me too.

How can SNL put 90 minutes of utterly not funny comedy on the television machine? It's incomprehensible.

Also: Paris Hilton--if this is possible--went DOWN in my estimation last night. She's an idiot, not funny, AND she was actually UNATTRACTIVE, as opposed to just "not really hot."

Also: Whoever "Keane" is seems to have listened to every song Paul McCartney ever wrote, and pasted them all together. I heard no less than five blatantly plagiarized hooks in the one song I watched them play. And oh yeah--nice belts.