PDA

View Full Version : UB REVOKES CHAT ABOUT UB2

07-19-2002, 08:03 PM
A regular player at UltimateBet, "Makotogo", had his chat privileges revoked after discussing UB2 at the table.

I was not at the table, so I apologize for posting second hand information as it may not be completely accurate.

I just talked to a friend of mine who was at the table and he told me that Mako was on the phone with UB2 support and relaying the conversation into the chat box. His chat privileges were revoked mid conversation. Apparently the other players had alot of questions about the promotion. He wasn't saying anything bad about UB2, just explaining how it worked.

Again, I apologize for the second hand explanation. If any of you, especially Makotogo, have more information on this I would appreciate it.

07-19-2002, 08:22 PM
No suprise here. Paradise removed all chat about scobi.com because it was obviously detrimental to their interests. This UB2 promotion has already blown up in UltimateBet's face. I'm sure they will now try to distance themselves from UB2 as much as possible.

Barry Shulman thinks all publicity is good publicity. But in the game of internet poker, trust is everything.

07-19-2002, 08:52 PM
Where did he get a phone number for UB-2? I just checked their website and don't see a number listed.

07-19-2002, 10:28 PM
I pointed this out the day UB2 started and I put the first post up about it here.

From day one they've revoked chat privileges for discussing (whatever they consider touting I guess) UB2 at UB.

I was told they want to keep the atmosphere friendly and not filled with recruiting talk.

So take it as read, you try and get custom on UB you will get your chat taken away.

Would be nice if somewhere in the UB2 blurb this had been pointed out, but I guess I expect too much sense.

07-20-2002, 09:36 AM
I thought ub and ub-2 were the same site, the pictures on ub-2 look exactly the same as ub.

Are they the same people or is ub-2 a different site imitating the original ub?

07-20-2002, 11:31 AM
it is the same site but with two doors

you have to go in through the tradesmen's entrance to be paid via the ub-2 system but you will be playing on the same tables against the same people