PDA

View Full Version : $1065 Step Push [Big stack] On The Bubble

Oluwafemi
02-06-2005, 12:56 AM
Level 6, blinds 150/300, down to 4 players. genoa_st has just been busted out in 5th place by actionmonkey.

Babisababe with about 3300 in chips pushes all-in.
fisherman1 folds.
bean_mo calls all-in with around 1500 in chips.
actionmonkey folds.

Babisababe turns over Q 8 offsuit.
bean_mo turns over Ace 3 offsuit.

is there a logical explaination behind this push or is this a standard bubble hyper-aggression move?

comments.

lorinda
02-06-2005, 01:19 AM
4 players is in the money.

Lori

ethan
02-06-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...and you'll see people calling all-in with worse hands than A3. Everyone in the step 5 knows the gap concept, and knows that everyone knows the gap concept, and knows that everyone knows (and so on). Q8's nowhere near the worst hand you'll see pushed, and A3's not the worst you'll see calling.

doggin
02-06-2005, 02:34 AM
The best practice you can get for a step 5 would be to
play the cheapest SnG's you can find and push the most
bullshit hands you are dealt;

Ex; Ten minutes ago Actionmonkey calls 2 (that's two) all
in's, I suppose he did it because he had them covered,
but here's the sick part, he had 8 4 offsuit. 8 4 offsuit.

The first girl that went all-in had about a thousand chips
and had AKo, the second dude called her and he had KJs with
about 1500 chips, Actionmonkey had about 3K chips, he calls
with the 8 [censored] 4 and the turn delivers him [censored] straight. Now when you can find any book that covers that
kind of crap..............

Last nite, Gamboholic bullet calls an all-in with 5 players left in a step 5, all fold to the raiser. The raiser was short stacked with Q Ts and Gambo just barely had him covered and calls with Q 2 offsuit and spikes a
2 on the flop to put him out.

I honestly do think these step 5 players will actually fold
6 2 (better be offsuit) and possibly, thats about it. 6 2

Actionmonkey just went out in 2nd to America One.
Action pushed (both about 50/50 chips) with K 3 offsuit
and America One bullet called with K 6 clubs and spiked a
6 on the turn.

I am clearly folding waaaayyyyy too much.
Gap concept? I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure DS wasn't referring to 8 4 and Q 2.

AAallin
02-06-2005, 07:45 AM
Hyper agression?? My friend play 1000+65 step 5 tourneys, he buyin at step 5 and here is the hand that shocked me!!! 1 hand!!!! sb, bb next guy raises 200 and get 2 callers. Flop comes rags no suit no stright posible. first better checks, second betts allin, third calls allin and first fold. Both had AK and the guy who folded also had AK. How could people play such a poker for 1k dollars? One of them said that he dot care bcoz he had made 60k in 4 months by such play... is they real pros? or what?

Oluwafemi
02-06-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Key word [Bubble]. it was a 1-Table Step.

Oluwafemi
02-06-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The best practice you can get for a step 5 would be to
play the cheapest SnG's you can find and push the most
bullshit hands you are dealt;

Ex; Ten minutes ago Actionmonkey calls 2 (that's two) all
in's, I suppose he did it because he had them covered,
but here's the sick part, he had 8 4 offsuit. 8 4 offsuit.

The first girl that went all-in had about a thousand chips
and had AKo, the second dude called her and he had KJs with
about 1500 chips, Actionmonkey had about 3K chips, he calls
with the 8 [censored] 4 and the turn delivers him [censored] straight. Now when you can find any book that covers that
kind of crap..............

Last nite, Gamboholic bullet calls an all-in with 5 players left in a step 5, all fold to the raiser. The raiser was short stacked with Q Ts and Gambo just barely had him covered and calls with Q 2 offsuit and spikes a
2 on the flop to put him out.

I honestly do think these step 5 players will actually fold
6 2 (better be offsuit) and possibly, thats about it. 6 2

Actionmonkey just went out in 2nd to America One.
Action pushed (both about 50/50 chips) with K 3 offsuit
and America One bullet called with K 6 clubs and spiked a
6 on the turn.

I am clearly folding waaaayyyyy too much.
Gap concept? I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure DS wasn't referring to 8 4 and Q 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

in another thread, i spoke about a hand that [chipleader]Babisababe pushed HU against Gforce in a $1065 1-Table Step.
the guy had 5 4 and had previously doubled up Gforce on the previous hand with 4 10 offsuit. Gforce called with A K and Babisababe spikes a 5 to win. i doubt that pushes with these types of hands has anything to do with Sklansky's Gap Concept. with the Party's blind structure, even at the $1065 level, this is push any two card poker. i find it hard to seperate this kind of play in a $1065 SNG from the same kind of play in a $5 + $1 SNG, simply because of the skill level of the players. once the blinds are too big in relation to the stack sizes, it's either push any two or fold. you can't get much simplier than that. it's a moronic player's dream-- no skill needed.

Oluwafemi
02-06-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hyper agression?? My friend play 1000+65 step 5 tourneys, he buyin at step 5 and here is the hand that shocked me!!! 1 hand!!!! sb, bb next guy raises 200 and get 2 callers. Flop comes rags no suit no stright posible. first better checks, second betts allin, third calls allin and first fold. Both had AK and the guy who folded also had AK. How could people play such a poker for 1k dollars? One of them said that he dot care bcoz he had made 60k in 4 months by such play... is they real pros? or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i would'nt consider that such bad play. i've often gone all-in on a non-coordinated flop with A K after i've raised preflop simply because i came to the conclusion that the caller[s] missed the flop. i'd think it over in my mind and ask myself, "what would he or they call a preflop raise with? i have the best position and it has been checked to me on a rag board that has no straight/flush possibilities after i raised. i figure i have the best hand and don't figure to be a significant dog to many others if i am behind. let's see what you got". i've won the hand more often than i've lost.

ethan
02-06-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4 places pay in the 1-tables. $4500, $2500, $1800, $1200.

Oluwafemi
02-06-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4 places pay in the 1-tables. $4500, $2500, $1800, $1200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Key word [Sorry].

lorinda
02-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Key word [Sorry].

No worries, I've done far worse /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lori