PDA

View Full Version : QTs Flopped Flush...

Vote4Pedro
02-05-2005, 11:06 PM
After 4 limpers is QTs worth a PF raise?

Should I have raised the flop, or just called to induce other callers?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

mr pink
02-05-2005, 11:16 PM
i'd have raised the flop... someone holding the king isn't folding. might as well make him pay while you're ahead and make him pay to draw. i'd also want to get bets out anybody else out there who's got top pair or some other hand you've got slaughtered on the flop, as a heart on the turn could kill your action.

Schizo
02-05-2005, 11:26 PM
What mr pink said.

Pat Southern
02-06-2005, 12:26 AM
I think I'd raise preflop, as you are probably good more than 1/5 times, especaially with good position. When you get a perfect flop like this, I think you have to raise on the flop too, you can charge all the hands you have drawing dead to call, and you're also making the K of hearts to draw for the most expensive price you can, I wouldnt try to get the blinds to come along for the ride with a call, since they probably didn't catch a piece of the flop anyways.

Schizo
02-06-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After 4 limpers is QTs worth a PF raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Chairman Wood
02-06-2005, 12:56 AM
Although Button folded anyway not only is it worth a raise for value purposes here it is good strategy so you can steal the button and act last on every round.