PDA

View Full Version : .50/1 O8 on party

asofel
02-05-2005, 08:32 PM
I know practically nothing about O8. I'm learning little by little, so I barely understand what's a good starting hand. In the past twenty minutes i've doubled my $25 buy-in. Obviously I've had some decent cards, but overall the quality of play seems extremely low. Is this a 'duh' observation or what?

Beavis68
02-05-2005, 09:08 PM
yes the play is very bad, I have been running card dead though, terrible, I was earning 5bb/hr for a while though.

dlk9s
02-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Yeah, the play at .5/1 is generally pretty lousy. If someone raises PF you know they have A2-something and if they raise when the low is possible, they have A2.

I've been four-tabling to clear bonuses and my sessions usually go one of two ways:

1) I break about even after doing well on two of the tables and poorly on two.

2) I do really well, kicking butt on two tables and doing ok on the other two.

If I ever lose money, it's only a few bucks, and that's on four tables combined.

asofel
02-07-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes the play is very bad, I have been running card dead though, terrible, I was earning 5bb/hr for a while though.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I was wondering if something that high was maintable with average cards. Is there a level at which the play changes dramatically? How high can one play against such poor competition?

Beavis68
02-08-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the play at .5/1 is generally pretty lousy. If someone raises PF you know they have A2-something and if they raise when the low is possible, they have A2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or they have any pocket pair, or A-low suited, or are bored or drunk, or they think the hand looks pretty.

To the original poster, if you are interested in learning a bit about this game, Play Poker Like the Pro's is all I read to get started, decent PLO and stud sections too.

Steve-o
02-08-2005, 06:42 PM
It's not so much the limit you want to look at but the # of people seeing the flop.

if its 4 or less avoid the game

if its 5-6 this is a decent game and you can do pretty well in

if more than 6 people are seeing the flop you can make some good money