PDA

View Full Version : KJ from the small blizzy

private joker
02-05-2005, 07:59 PM
BB is 16/9/1.7

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Comments on every street appreciated.

gaming_mouse
02-05-2005, 08:22 PM
When there is a bet and more than 1 flop call in this situation, someone almost always has trip in my experience. In this case, four people called an EP flop bet. I would be getting ready to drop my hand on the turn unimproved. However, the turn gave you a gutshot, so now you have odds to continue. As betting out only opens you up to an inevitable raise, I would check/call here, hoping its only one bet back to me. If it 2 back to you, you may not have odds to continue even with your 6 outs. I havn't done the math, but your implied odds are cut as both of your outs are scare cards to your oppos. Also, your K outs are likely only to a chop.

Anyway, c/call the turn for 1 bet. c/fold it for 2.

DemonDeac
02-05-2005, 08:24 PM
lead the flop

private joker
02-05-2005, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lead the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? How does that protect my hand?

Schizo
02-05-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why? How does that protect my hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong question, it's not about protecting your hand. The most common error is calling w/ overcards in this situation. Bet for value, also if you bet w/ any pocket pair and you bet any time you matched a paired board it will disguise your hand when you hit trips. Let them figure it out.

Schizo
02-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Just curious, what are you doing at 2/4? I thought you played 3/6. I was thinking about moving up, but if you just moved back down, then maybe that would be a bad idea.

gaming_mouse
02-05-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
also if you bet w/ any pocket pair and you bet any time you matched a paired board it will disguise your hand when you hit trips. Let them figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point, but you can do the same disguising by sometimes checking when you have trips and sometimes checking when you have the pair, as in this case. So I don't think there's anything wrong with joker's flop check.

private joker
02-05-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just curious, what are you doing at 2/4? I thought you played 3/6. I was thinking about moving up, but if you just moved back down, then maybe that would be a bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played 3/6 online. I play 3/6 and 4/8 at B&amp;Ms, but only 2/4 online.

jason_t
02-05-2005, 09:18 PM
Why do you play a higher live limit? Is 3/6 and 4/8 live about the same level of difficulty as 2/4 online? Where in LA do you normally play?

I've been playing 2/4 live at the Bike and that's been good, but the competition is really soft and I've been thinking about moving to 3/6 and playing at the Commerce as I hear the game is good there.

deadmunny
02-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Educate me here is my strategy way off here?,

I would lead the flop, a paired board, unraised pF, and SB leading out indicates trip 9's.

No raises?... Bet the turn and depending, check call the river.

Regards D

rmarotti
02-05-2005, 09:24 PM
B&amp;M games are typically much more LP than online games. Go play at Commerce, you have heard correctly.