PDA

View Full Version : 4/8 good turn, good opponent whats my line?

imported_stealthcow
02-05-2005, 07:14 PM
4/8 live.

ep is a maniac whose playing blind, having a good time and throwing his money around like its going out of style

mp1 is a friend and 2+2 poster who plays pretty solid by the book poker(3/6).

i'm bb with k7o

both limp, a few limpers behind me, i call.

flop comes 7 4 2.

i check ep bets, mp raises, folds to me and i call 2 cold.

as soon as i called i put my friend on a pocket pair 55 - 88. there was no club draw, and it didn't smell like an isolation bet with high cards.

turn 3

i thought about my play here and decided to bet out. i had a feeling that mp1 must've thought something was fishy with me calliing 2 cold out of position on an underboard flop.

anyways - who three bets the flop (going for a hopeful trifetica) who calls and bets out the turn and who goes for the turn check raise?

thanks

stealthcow-

imported_stealthcow
02-06-2005, 12:25 PM
bump*

poboys
02-06-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
flop comes 7 4 2.
i check ep bets, mp raises, folds to me and i call 2 cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you intending to check raise the flop? I'd lead out here.

[ QUOTE ]

as soon as i called i put my friend on a pocket pair 55 - 88. there was no club draw, and it didn't smell like an isolation bet with high cards.

turn 3

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure why you think this is a good turn card. Actually, your hand is so fragile that anything less than a 7 or a K isn't good. Your friend may have a set, a mid overpair or now have an OESD (with his small pocket pair).

By calling two cold on the flop, I think you have to lead out here. Since there aer no draws, I don't think your friend is looking for a free card. I'd consider folding to a turn raise.

Sounds like you were more worried about EP than your friend, who raised the flop.. why?

imported_stealthcow
02-06-2005, 11:55 PM
i'm not too worried about the maniac in this hand, but he makes things sticky.

on the flop i think i have the best hand. but i'm not 100% sure. if my friend had jsut called, i would've raised easily and bet out the turn. no problem.

but when he raises, i'm worried if i three bet, he caps and i'm screwed. by just calling 2 cold, i get the bb to stay in, which makes things harder for him as well. i dont think he'd raise with the set, i'd expect him to wait until the turn to put in the extra bet.

when the turn comes, i realize taht based on his position and his play he must have a pocket pair.

i bet out because i was worried that if i go for a check raise i win one bet from my friend, i raise and its 2 bets to the maniac/idiot who can easily muck and my friend will 3 bet me if i'm beat or fold if he knows he's behind.

would you check/ 3 bet this flop or bet out? i feel like betting out is a bit weak and gives away my hand a little too easily.

stealthcow-