PDA

View Full Version : posting the hands I bust out with

Rhone
02-05-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm wondering whether it would be a useful exercise to post the hands with which I bust out of the next 10 or so SNGs.

I only have about 150 SNGs under my belt, and I consider myself still fairly new to this format, having cut my teeth as a limit ring-game player. I have a lot to learn, and a lot of improving still to do, I think. I do realize, of course, that ten games is a tiny sample, but would it give you guys enough of a sense of my play to be worthwhile?

So, generally, I'm curious whether people think this would be a good idea, or whether there are better ways for me to use this forum.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks,

Rhone.

willie24
02-05-2005, 07:27 PM
why pick the hands you lose on in particular? why are they more significant than other hands?

UncleDuke
02-05-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why pick the hands you lose on in particular? why are they more significant than other hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

It could be interesting if he includes more info about the chip situation, blinds, the status of the other players, and how the hand played out (pushed preflop, called an all-in, called or pushed on the flop with such and such on the board, etc.). Since it involved a decision to play for all his chips, unless he was just down to his blinds, it might be worth looking at that decision since it might have been a major mistake worth correcting. On the other hand, if it was a decent play and just didn't work out that time, that's good to know too for someone just getting his feet wet at sngs (or anyone for that matter).

spentrent
02-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Don't bother posting the busted steal attempts... nothing to gain from that. Rather, post the hands that take away a significant amount of your stack that you think could have been played better.

rybones
02-05-2005, 11:55 PM
UncleDuke is smart!!!

I agree with everything he said and you should watch for his responses to your hands. Also listen to anything lorinda, stupidsucker, codewarrior, aleo, ilya, and anyone else who just seems to make sense to you. Beyond that, play in any and all ps 2+2 games you can. They will really help your game.

gl as you work on your game.

Ryan