PDA

View Full Version : C/Red w/ overcards and a paired board

shadow29
02-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Standard?

Villain is 25%, 0%, 1.11

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

Grease
02-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Totally standard. I may check the turn, but if you do, you're obviously folding the river unimproved. If you just check, you avoid a tricky player trying to check/raise bluff you, and although this player doesn't fit that description, he could still be able to do so.

Nick C
02-05-2005, 08:13 PM
I think I would fold to the turn checkraise too, against this opponent.

Checking behind on the turn would allow you to avoid throwing away your gutshot and also chase what at that point seem like reasonable overcard outs more cheaply. Also, you would avoid the possibility of getting checkraised by something like 88 and folding a hand you had the outs to continue with. All of this, though, would be at the cost of giving up the chance of pushing out a better hand (like AQ or an unimproved suited ace or maybe even a low/medium pocket pair, though I have my doubts about folding out the pocket pair).

Anyway, I struggle with hands like these too. On the turn, it's hard to say how much potential you have to fold out a better hand. (There is some small chance that your opponent is the one who's drawing on the turn, to a flush in particular, but I don't think that will be true very often on this board, against this opponent.)

deadmunny
02-05-2005, 09:35 PM
I am doing exactly the same,

Regards D

Nate tha' Great
02-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Checking behind here is best. You're going to get checkraised a shitload of the time whilst drawing live and there are very few hands that he'll call the flop with that won't also call a bet on the turn.

Shillx
02-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Check with outs homie.

Look at the board on the flop and figure out what he can call with. A jack, a 5, a pocket pair or a diamond draw. That is it. So when he calls the flop I'm pretty sure that I'm behind. Take the free card.

Brad

CallMeIshmael
02-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Completely agree.

You have just picked up a draw against someone who is C/R with a jack (unless he is full already or has JT).

My line: Check behind. Bet/Raise a T on the river. Bet/Call a K or Q. Fold unimproved.

Question: If the turn is a rag that doesn't give us a gutshot, are we bet/folding to C/R here? I think I am.

Nate tha' Great
02-05-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Completely agree.

You have just picked up a draw against someone who is C/R with a jack (unless he is full already or has JT).

My line: Check behind. Bet/Raise a T on the river. Bet/Call a K or Q. Fold unimproved.

Question: If the turn is a rag that doesn't give us a gutshot, are we bet/folding to C/R here? I think I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm checking behind even without picking up the gutshot.

o0mr_bill0o
02-05-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Completely agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

my thoughts exactly, except regarding the question. i check this one just about every time. i usually bet the turn when i feel i have a decent hope of being able to take the pot unimproved with a free showdown. having the K high means any ace beats you, so i take the free card nearly every time.

p.s. love the avatar - i loved that game.