PDA

View Full Version : 76s small pot

Nate tha' Great
02-05-2005, 06:26 PM
One of those small stuff hands...

Party 15/30. There are two limps in MP from a tilting fish who is stuck pretty bad and a horrid loose random fish whose stats are like 60/10/1.6. I have 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif on the Button and consider raising but just call. SB completes and BB checks.

Flop 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif checked around.

Turn 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif checked to the second fishy limper who bets. Pot is now 3.5 BB.

Call, fold or raise?

ghostface
02-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Flush.

Hoi Polloi
02-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Just doesn't seem worth it to pursue. Your chances of improving are remote and the pot isn't laying any odds to continue. You may have the best hand but you don't have the best of it, IMO.

Nick C
02-05-2005, 06:54 PM
I'd rather raise than call, with the idea of protecting my hand against overcard (to my pair) + gutshot type hands if mine is best and also perhaps folding out a 9. Then again, calling would be less expensive, and a lot of hands don't have the odds to draw against my bottom pair hand if it's best anyway, in this small pot.

Actually, though, I'm pretty sure what I'd do is just fold, while wondering if I had just thrown away the best hand.

I don't know what's best, really, so I'm looking forward to seeing what others say, as this thread continues.

deadmunny
02-05-2005, 07:48 PM
IMHO,

I would fold, It just seems not worth fighting over,

Regards D

me454555
02-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Pot is small, hand is weak, seems like a good time to fold

Nate tha' Great
02-05-2005, 09:04 PM
I raised. Everyone else folded and my opponent called. The river was a blank and I checked behind. He had a busted hearts draw and MHIG.

The Dude
02-05-2005, 10:57 PM
I like raising, but only because the bet came from that specific opponent. Someone more in EP could easily have been going for a check-raise, then bet the turn when they missed. As is, I think it's totally fine.

If the turn card made was a draw-creating card, then I would say fold as well. But again, as is I like it.

Nate tha' Great
02-05-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like raising, but only because the bet came from that specific opponent. Someone more in EP could easily have been going for a check-raise, then bet the turn when they missed. As is, I think it's totally fine.

If the turn card made was a draw-creating card, then I would say fold as well. But again, as is I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I think he's going to have bet a flush draw here or a 7 that I'll chop with or something like A2 often enough for me to see a showdown getting 3.5:2. The small things that you've pointed out make a lot of difference, enough so that I think a raise is pretty clear.