PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when you're bullied in the blinds?

bigredlemon
02-05-2005, 05:01 PM
You've probably been playing very tighly, and someone notices this and decides that you're just handing out your blinds. Quite often, I'll have one person or sometimes two person going all in everyhand when i'm BB.

If you're on the bubble, this is a unfortunate dilemma. Presuming you feel the table is relatively loose, what do you do?

Lets say blinds are 200 and you have 1200 chips. What's your calling range here?

AtticusFinch
02-05-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you're on the bubble, this is a unfortunate dilemma. Presuming you feel the table is relatively loose, what do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do the same thing to the guy on your left /images/graemlins/wink.gif Spread the love!

A lot of guys are aggro PF on the bubble, but weak when faced with a push from someone else. If you notice this, use it to at least stay even.

As for calling standards, it depends on a number of factors, like how close others are to busting out, etc. I don't have a set list, but maybe one of my betters does.

realbad101
02-05-2005, 05:09 PM
I think you are aproaching this from the wrong angle. When it is not your blind, you should be forcing the action with a couple of all in's yourself. Loosen up your hand range to do this considerably if you are down to 6BB. This way you can pull in a few blinds yourself to compensate for when you get stolen from.

As far as calling, it's read dependant, but any mid pocket pair or higher and AQ or better. You have to start making a stand. If your opponent is loose, then relax this a bit further.

KenProspero
02-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Well, a couple of things.

First, if someone notices I've been playing very tightly, it's time to loosen up. Especially if you can isolate this player. A healthy raise (even if a bluff) has a great chance to steal his/her bacon. Also, even if you get caught bluffing, the person may change their perception of you.

Second. The best strategy, but not everyone can pull this off, is to get dealt AA (or some other monster) next time you're on the blind, so you can effectively punish this miscreant for even thinking of stealing your blinds.

UncleDuke
02-05-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First, if someone notices I've been playing very tightly, it's time to loosen up. Especially if you can isolate this player. A healthy raise (even if a bluff) has a great chance to steal his/her bacon. Also, even if you get caught bluffing, the person may change their perception of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, I agree with this. In the situation given though, Hero has only 6 x BB. Any healthy (assuming you mean something more than a min raise) bluff raise that gets snapped off (if the plan is to fold to a reraise) is going to leave him crippled, so the perception of him is largely moot if that happens. He does have to relax his standards somewhat though, or he's going to be blinded off in a hurry. Exactly what those standards should be depends on what hands the other players seem willing to play IMO.