PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstar satellites

07-18-2002, 06:15 AM
I feel there's still quite a bit of crapshoot factor involved. Is it just me? If I can't win one of these, does that mean I should not even put up the money and sign up for any of the tournaments?

07-18-2002, 11:06 AM
I have played many tournies on stars and I have 1 opinion.....When I get all-in and they turn over the cards.....I want to be the one who is behind. I know that is the only way I can win. The last 6 times this has happened to me on stars I was way ahead (KK vs 66, AA vs Q/10s after flop of 1 spade, JJ vs Q6o, KK vs K/10) I lost all these. I do like stars and enjoy their tournies, but I am starting to wonder about their shuffle. No way I ever pay to enter a big buy in tourney there. By the way, this doesn't just happen to me. I see some incredible beats in their tournies. 1 and 2 outers on the river going to someone who called an allin bet with practically nothing. Brutal.

07-19-2002, 03:58 AM
Ive now played 76 T's at PokerStars from $10 to $50 buyin. I've placed i the money 5 times... 9th 9th 8th 5th 3rd.

Of the 76, I was knocked out holding AA headsup allin preflop or flop vs random trash 34... THIRTY FOUR TIMES. KK a dozen other times. 2nd best is deadly on PStars.

I also notice that flopped nut 4flushes "get there" much less often than they should... 1 in 30-40 vs 1 in 14 times.

Just my opinion. But Ive played there since before it went real$, the SW is great, but the place is just spooky as hell.

07-19-2002, 01:30 PM
I concur, saw too much "weird" things occur. So I stopped playing there.

I loved the software as well.

I saw one person predict a player was rigged early in the tourney.

That "rigged" player won it by hitting 8 huge hands out of the last 10.