PDA

View Full Version : When the turn got checked through, I almost wanted to cry

CallMeIshmael
02-05-2005, 03:35 PM
What kind of a line do you take with what is almost certainly the best hand, but vulnerable?

Clearly I wanted to check-raise the turn.

Also, at 19:1 this is ok preflop right? I do have to be worried about bigger hearts, but thats a little weak-tight.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Chewy is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $1. MP1 posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, Chewy completes, BB checks.

Flop: (10 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(10 players)</font>
Chewy checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Chewy calls, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Chewy checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Chewy bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Chewy 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Entity
02-05-2005, 03:42 PM
Preflop is standard. Bet the flop. You aren't going to protect this hand, but you'll win VERY often, so bet for value. This is a value betting situation.

Rob

JoshuaD
02-05-2005, 04:31 PM
I agree bet the flop. If you do check, raise when it comes back to you.

Just bet out the turn.

Nice flop.

PhatPots
02-05-2005, 04:38 PM
From the SB I play any two suited cards, when there are more than 3 others in the pot. I would probably have raise that flop when it got back to me and then lead the turn. The problem with you not raising the turn is if a heart comes on the turn then anyone who doesn't have a big heart is going to fold. I can't blame you for trying to checkraise the turn, with that many in the pot I would think that someone would bet out. I like your 3 bet on the river.

Cheers,
Pots