PDA

View Full Version : Break Dancing

kipin
02-05-2005, 03:11 PM
100% Awesome (http://www.basement-films.net/vids/breakdance.wmv)

Anyone got any more break dancing videos?

slickpoppa
02-05-2005, 03:20 PM
i wanna learn how to do push ups with my legs in the air. that is pretty cool

obithrawn
02-07-2005, 06:20 PM
I'd agree more with something like 99% awesome or maybe 98%. But otherwise pretty awesome!

Alobar
02-07-2005, 06:23 PM
holy [censored]! that dude is freakin awesome. finger tip pushups with your legs in the air, that is true pimp status right there

Lazymeatball
02-07-2005, 06:30 PM
It's funny how men's gymnastics looks so gay, but men's breakdancing is entirely pimptacular. From now on, Olympic gymnastics should be replaced with breakdancing.

Alobar
02-07-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's funny how men's gymnastics looks so gay, but men's breakdancing is entirely pimptacular. From now on, Olympic gymnastics should be replaced with breakdancing.

[/ QUOTE ]

its the clothes. Tight white leotard thingies, cant make you look like you arent gay. If they did the olympics in baggy pants and a sideways hat, they would look alot cooler /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kipin
02-07-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The music involved in breakdancing is also about 100 times better then the music in mens gymnastics.

Sweaburg
02-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Flip'n Out (http://www.collegehumor.com/?movie_id=95332)
That video reminded me of this one, not really breakdancing but totally badass all the same...

RT

lucas9000
02-07-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
holy [censored]! that dude is freakin awesome. finger tip pushups with your legs in the air, that is true pimp status right there

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent footwork and rythym get more props from "real" b-boys than power moves do. as others intimated, power moves are more like gymnastics and less like breakin.

ask ken swift.

Dynasty
02-07-2005, 07:58 PM
I remember kids in my 8th grade home room class break dancing in the morning. It seemed fairly cool. This was about twenty years ago.

Sometime before I graduated high school, I concluded that break dancing was definitely over. I'm amazed it's still around.

Joe826
02-07-2005, 08:03 PM
b-boyin' will never die!! it's just too badass. i've been doing it since high school, but i'm horrible compared to the guy in that vid.

Fratony
02-07-2005, 08:08 PM
That is pretty ridiculous. Probably the best display of strength, flexibility and rhythm i have ever seen. Here's another guy thats pretty badass at dancing, most have probably seen this one, but the robot he does it simply amazing.
Robot Dance (http://media.ebaumsworld.com/robotdance.wmv)

Reef
02-07-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i wanna learn how to do push ups with my legs in the air. that is pretty cool

[/ QUOTE ]

that guy is VERY VERY strong

Reef
02-07-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent footwork and rythym get more props from "real" b-boys than power moves do. as others intimated, power moves are more like gymnastics and less like breakin.

ask ken swift.

[/ QUOTE ]

style is very important. However, when you freakin make up your own power moves it is just as good as any syle.

kipin
02-07-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flip'n Out (http://www.collegehumor.com/?movie_id=95332)
That video reminded me of this one, not really breakdancing but totally badass all the same...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice find, that guy is [censored] badass as well.

Alobar
02-07-2005, 09:56 PM
damn, that last guy doing the robot was awesome.

This whole thread has inspired me to quit poker and become a dancer!!!

Philuva
02-07-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The music involved in breakdancing is also about 100 times better then the music in mens gymnastics.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no music in men's gymnastics.

kipin
02-07-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no music in men's gymnastics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hence the 100 times better comment.

lucas9000
02-07-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ask ken swift.

[/ QUOTE ]

style is very important. However, when you freakin make up your own power moves it is just as good as any syle.

[/ QUOTE ]

i say it depends. crazy legs = huge props. somebody just doing a gymnastics move because it looks impressive = less props.

Mike Gallo
02-08-2005, 01:55 AM
I concluded that break dancing was definitely over. I'm amazed it's still around.

Obviously you have never visited the Boogie down Bronx /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Breakdancing never died. Kids still breakdance on cardboard all over the five boroughs of NY.

ethan
02-10-2005, 02:05 AM
bump because it's still awesome. anyone happen to know the name of the guy in the video?

EliteNinja
02-10-2005, 03:22 AM
Absolute pwnage!

cockandbull
02-10-2005, 03:30 AM
A few of my friends are part of one of the best crews in the UK, but that guy takes the biscuit.

Senor Cardgage
02-10-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That is pretty ridiculous. Probably the best display of strength, flexibility and rhythm i have ever seen. Here's another guy thats pretty badass at dancing, most have probably seen this one, but the robot he does it simply amazing.
Robot Dance (http://media.ebaumsworld.com/robotdance.wmv)

[/ QUOTE ]

Good God. Wow.

nothumb
02-10-2005, 04:39 AM
That kid is sick.

This reminded me of a show I took some of the kids I work with to see last weekend. We caught the Fly Dance company from Houston in Lenox, MA. It's four guys, all of whom are good breakers, and they've got one kid, Rock Williams, who is just incredible at popping/locking, robot, other dance moves. I've been looking for video for a while now. If you guys ever get a chance to see them, they're a lot of fun.

NT

thatpfunk
02-10-2005, 06:46 AM
So rad.

Brainwalter
02-10-2005, 07:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A few of my friends are part of one of the best crews in the UK, but that guy takes the biscuit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah!

jasonHoldEm
02-10-2005, 08:10 AM
My spine hurts.