PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed from the computer experts re PT, GT, PV etc.

CurryLover
02-05-2005, 02:27 PM
If this question has been answered before then please post a link (I can't find it in search). Otherwise, I need advice from those of you who are knowledgeable about computers and who use Pokertracker, GameTime and/or PlayerView.

I am intending to get a new computer in the next few weeks and I want to know what specifications I need to multi-table on PP and PS, whilst running Pokertracker and either GameTime or PlayerView. I'll probably try things like data mining as well.

A friend has offered me a PC for £100 and it would save me money if I bought it rather than a new one with better specifications. However, if it will not do the job properly, or is likely to crash, freeze or run slowly, I would prefer to get a better computer. The computer he is offering is a Pentium 1.7 with 1GB RAM. Is this good enough?

Basically I would like to know what specifications you would recommend for multi-tabling with PT/PV/GT.

Help is appreciated. Thanks.

amirpc
02-05-2005, 06:25 PM
That computer will run PV/PT fine (assuming the harddrive isn't too old) for 2-3 tables. On a similar machine I experienced a decent amount of lag running 4 tables. I wouldn't want to consider running more than that.

I have no idea how much that is money wise but I built my buddy a decent machine that he can run 8 tables of PT/PV with no problem no lag for around 400 US dollars a couple months ago. AMD Sempron 2500+ 1 gig of pc3200, a nice 120 gig sata drive.

CurryLover
02-06-2005, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll get a friend to build me a computer instead so I know I'll have no problems. If I show him the details of the computer you built, will that tell him everything he needs to know about what he needs to build for me? Or do I need to tell any other details? Do I need a graphics card if I want to run a big monitor, or perhaps two monitors? Also, what size hard drive do I need - does the PT database end up taking up a lot of hard drive space? I don't really know anything about the inside of computers so if you could tell me exactly what to ask for I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

MattHatter
02-06-2005, 02:21 AM
That computer is good enough.

Get him to reinstall windows and offer him L60.

Matt

CurryLover
02-06-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That computer is good enough.

Get him to reinstall windows and offer him L60.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is L60?

MattC
02-06-2005, 04:09 AM
i use 1.6ghz 512 ram 256 mb card comp. runs perfectly fine multi table with pt and pv. i har gametime really slow down comp tho.

flub
02-07-2005, 04:12 PM
That 100 pound one is plenty of computer and a good deal.

These poker programs are so basic I was running them fine on a Pentium 500.

-flub