PDA

View Full Version : Superior poker

tolbiny
02-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Got an email from superior today- claiming to give a 20% buy in bonus and a 10% (up to 100$) bonus on all neteller transactions.
Any one played with them, anyone buy this?- seems to good to be true to get a 100$ bonus even if the only allowed it once a week.

Pokeraddict
02-05-2005, 02:26 PM
They are a part of Tiger Gaming's group Action Poker.

dgoldsmith
02-05-2005, 02:28 PM
From their web site, the bonus clears by getting 4 Player Option Points (POP) per bonus dollar. There is a recent thread today about Tiger Gaming -- they also use POP as their counter so these sites may be related.

In the case of Tiger Gaming, you only get points for raked hands that you WIN. 1 POP for $0.10 of rake. For TG, you needed 11 POP per bonus dollar so you had to pay $1.10 in rake to earn $1 bonus -- not good.

If Superior is the same in terms of earning POP, at least it would only be $0.40 in rake for each $1 in bonus but it will still clear slow for a tight player who doesn't play many hands.

I've emailed their support asking for clarification about earning POP on their site.

GrannyMae
02-05-2005, 02:46 PM
ghost town

i suggest you pass on this one dg. regardless of how good it looks, it is EV- if there are no games or the only games are infested with sketchy props.

arod4276
02-05-2005, 02:58 PM
The games are probably the loosest and most fishy on the net. As for grannnies prop comment,, i believe they have zero full time props,, and a few that play around 10 to 20 hours a week. few equating to 2 or 3...Both statemenstare very close to fact.. the games are ultra loose.arod4276

GrannyMae
02-05-2005, 03:01 PM
how many games do they have going? i am the first to admit when i am wrong but last i logged in there were 2 games.

edit: how do you know these exact figures on their prop program?

arod4276
02-05-2005, 03:08 PM
With extensive marketing in cannda, the games over the last 6 months, have gone from very sparse, to during peak times u will have usually around 2 games of, 12, 24, 3,6, and one 510, 10 20...Not great by any means, but they are making porgress by focusing directly on a certain market, ie canada......Granny,, you know how i might know a bit about the program....Also granny,,i was wondering where u got your numbers on you stated about there use of props... thanks,arod4276

GrannyMae
02-05-2005, 03:24 PM
but they are making porgress by focusing directly on a certain market, ie canada

i was unaware of this push

you know how i might know a bit about the program

honestly, i don't. i think i must be forgetting something. i only responded in this thread because there was a question from dg and i have done some business with him and was trying to look out for him. i honestly have a horrible memory that has gotten worse lately and all i remember about you is reading your posts and generally agreeing with them.

i was wondering where u got your numbers on you stated about there use of props

well, i don't think i actually stated any numbers but i'd rather not go into my opinion or experience with the prop program because i really am not looking to bash the site now that you tell me they have a new marketing direction.

i saw a friend looking to play there and just gave him my view. that's why i asked for further info from you. there is nothing i would like to see more than all poker sites grow and improve. i just thought superior had let that window close. glad to hear things are on the upswing.

UncleDuke
02-05-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In the case of Tiger Gaming, you only get points for raked hands that you WIN. 1 POP for $0.10 of rake. For TG, you needed 11 POP per bonus dollar so you had to pay $1.10 in rake to earn $1 bonus -- not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you limited to 1 POP per hand?