PDA

View Full Version : Error 615 - something to try

07-17-2002, 11:14 AM
If some of the players who have been locked out by Error 615 could try this, we would have more information

1) Find a computer that has never had the Paradise software

2) Download and set up a new account and play for play money

** this will verify that the computer and software are free of problems

3) Log out and log back in with your real account name

If the error message comes up immediately, you will know that it is not something wrong on your computer, but that Paradise has tagged your account as a troublemaker, or whatever.

If you can play without problems, maybe the whole thing is a legitemate "computer problem"

DJ

07-17-2002, 11:25 AM
Would not PP tag this new computer as soon as you try an account that had been closed for cause?

MS Sunshine

07-17-2002, 12:09 PM
The big ? is this, how do you get around the error code? do you reset your CPU settings? they are identifiying based on both the cookie they place on your machine and your cpu settings, short of getting a new hard drive, how do you get around this?

07-17-2002, 12:23 PM
I was one of the very first expelled by Paradise after exposing them as a criminal enterprise. There has been volumes written supporting my views the past two years. I still will give $50,000 to the individual (s) who possess the necessary computer knwledge to shut down or create chaos with their servers. Paradise Poker has stolen upwards of $60 million from the Poker community. This is money that has be rechanneled into drug trafficking. There is not a scintilla of doubt that the software there is rigged.

07-17-2002, 01:25 PM
I have a viewpoint on this subject, but as a general rule I try not to get involved with threads that have the propensity to degenerate into "paradise is rigged" arguments.

That being said, here's some info which may help. Back when paradise first started their tourneys I played in the first ever 20$ buy in they had. I placed 3rd, and some error with their payouts ended up paying me 300,000$ or something like that. I later got an email giving me the same amount. Initially I had some weird hope that this was a bonus or something they had intentionally stuck in for placing in their first tourney. I knew in the back of my mind though, it was an error.

In any case, I proceeded to take my new "bankroll" and play 20-40$ for about 1/2 hr. I didn't get any hands and came in 2nd best once, so I ended the session with a loss. Soon after, I got kicked off the server and when I tried to log back on I got the "error 615- connection timed out" message.

It took multiple days of emails to PP support to get the problem resolved, but in the end we got everything sorted out. My account was immediately restored after this, without having to download anything new. So...

my feeling is if they flag your account it's within their server. I don't think changing computers or reformatting the hard disk will solve the problem.

On a side note, PP support has always been very reasonable when I've dealt with them- after all, this was a situation involving 300K+ in real money, and they restored my account. So if you're currently banned, I'm can't say as to the specific argument, but I have to feel that something more than that which is readily apparent is at play here.

Leon

07-17-2002, 01:35 PM
Did you at least think about doing a cashout?

MS Sunshine

07-17-2002, 01:38 PM
Into paypal would be nice. /images/smile.gif That's permanent right? Though I think a $300k cashout would raise SERIOUS flags with paypal.

Maybe cash out $9k here, $9k there, etc... /images/wink.gif

- Tony

P.S. For the conspiracy theorists and net kooks, j/k I would never recommend doing that! Post was meant in jest.

07-17-2002, 01:42 PM
Did you at least think about doing a cashout?

Are you kidding?! He would've started losing, er, loosing if he had done that!!!

07-17-2002, 02:34 PM
I did which was the thing they had a problem with... lol

Check issued- #39482740- 290,000$

LOL

Check canceled- 290,000$

ROFLMAO

Leon

07-17-2002, 03:02 PM
I had my friend in Colorado try to login under my account and he also got an ERROR 615. We both reformatted and tried to open a new account for play money to see what would happen and guess what...ERROR 615.

07-17-2002, 03:32 PM
You wanted to leave yourself a little to play with?

MS Sunshine

07-17-2002, 04:10 PM
I can't remember how much I cashed out for, wanted to leave a working bankroll of 20,000$, I remember that.

Was all set to drop out of school too...

Leon

07-17-2002, 04:23 PM
So it would sound like they both tag you in their files and also on their server. That's what I was suggesting we try to find out.

Thanks

DJ

07-17-2002, 04:26 PM
Yes, if the information is on their server and not on your computer. That is what I was suggesting we try to find out.

DJ

07-18-2002, 02:39 AM
Post your evidence it is rigged.

I have been reading this forum for a year and all I have ever read is speculation that paradise is rigged, never any evidence that it actually is rigged. People who have presented evidence generally present hand history analysis which shows the shuffle is accurate. Becuase we have some evidence the site is honest, and no evidence it is rigged, A reasonable rational person would come to the conclusion that Paradise is probably on the up and up.

However, if you really wanted to damage Paradise. Instead of offering $50,000 in blood money for disrupting Paradise operations(would only be a short term effect- not really satisfying), Offer a $50,000 prize to whoever can conclusively prove without a doubt that Paradise is rigged. The long term implications to their business would be catastrophic. Although many believe Paradise is rigged, the overwhelming majority cast there vote with there deposits and rake dollars. To the tune of 60 million dollars the emphatically say its on the up and up. Convince them otherwise and you really hurt Paradise.

Stu

07-18-2002, 03:42 AM
Most (notice I said most, there are some really rational, intelligent posters who believe Paradise is rigged) poker players who believe Paradise is rigged believe so not logically, but emotionally!

They are dead set that it's rigged, and believe so no matter what actions or facts are presented. First, it was that the pocket cards were rigged. When presented with statistics saying otherwise, then they say the flop's rigged. When shown evidence that the flop's normal, then it became "the situation's rigged", meaning things like a straight and flush appear in the same hand more often than it should, etc...

Now, there's no way to prove the last thing without knowing everyone's hole cards, so that's what the "Paradise is rigged" conspiracy theorists believe. Also, about the review by PWC, the conspiracy theorists believe that PWC is as corrupt as Athur Anderson.

The conspiracy theorists say "I cashed out, then always lose", or "I'm winning live, but losing online", or "my good hands never win". Now, the have lost money, and emotionally are set that Paradise is rigged, instead of logically coming to the conclusion that Paradise is rigged based on research.

You can convince players who think with logic, but not players who think emotionally, which is most conspiracy theorists!

- Tony

P.S. The above is just my opinion, and of course I might be wrong, most conspiracy theorists may have done research and just choose not to share it. Also, keep in mind I said "most" not "all conspiracy theorists". /images/smile.gif

07-18-2002, 12:19 PM
If you reformatted and tried to open a new account, it looks like their software is looking at some kind of hardware ID. Obviously, they have to have information on their server, but they have to be identifying the computer somehow.

07-18-2002, 03:09 PM
You wrote, “Also, about the review by PWC, the conspiracy theorists believe that PWC is as corrupt as Athur Anderson.”

I recall only one poster, at the time Paradise published PWC’s letter, who said PWC was corrupt, and he made such a spectacle of himself and was so obviously irrational that I suspect his sole purpose was to give conspiracy theorists a bad name. In any event, you seem a bit liberal with your generalizations.

In the first place, any conspiracy theorist worth his salt knows that a review is based on information provided by management and is therefore totally irrelevant in determining whether Paradise is rigged or not. There is no reason for conspiracy theorists to choose to believe PWC is corrupt. It simply doesn’t matter.

In light of the above, I have a question for you. Why do you think Paradise published a useless letter?

Tom D

07-18-2002, 06:24 PM
It's not useless, I'm sure some players see that and feel a little better, which would help Paradise. Nothing wrong with trying to do that, they ARE in this to make money, after all.

- Tony

P.S. I do agree that the extreme conspiracy theorists hurt rather than help the case against online poker sites. It's just scary to think they might actually BELIEVE what they are saying! I hope your right that they are just trying to troll, and give a bad name to conspiracy theorists.

07-18-2002, 09:36 PM
If you are serious about $50,000 contact me at algorch@netmail.kg