PDA

View Full Version : Exsqueeze me, but, did you check raise?

Buckshot
02-05-2005, 06:50 AM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, UTG (poster) calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero thinks.

Opponent's vitals are VP$IP 38, WSD 38, FRB 60. That tells me he likes to go to the river then fold. But it doesn't tell me what hands he's likely to have when he check raises the turn.

Like all good players I'm trying to extract more bets when I'm ahead, but at the risk of variance I tend to call in these spots more often than reraise. Or am I even ahead? Thoughts?

~stephen

bunky9590
02-05-2005, 07:55 AM
Stephen with stats like that Id be really surprised if he doesnt have a 3. He was BB it was one more SB to call, and he sure did play it like a fish flopped trips. Board is cheesy.

Would he check raise semi bluff out of position? Who knows.

If you feel compelled to call down, by all means.

Your read was better than mine. How passive was this guy? This would all come down to reads for me, If he had been caught effing around before i would just call him down. If he the type to play trips like that (looks like he was trying to trap CO as well) then its foldsville.

Without a read its really really close.

DeeJ
02-05-2005, 08:25 AM
He's checkraising 2 people basically. I think he has a 3 or Q6 or qq/kk/aa -&gt; fold.