PDA

View Full Version : Simon Cowell is a douche

Steve McQueen
02-05-2005, 03:41 AM
Sometimes on tuesdays nights when I am flipping channels I will settle on American Idol, and the same thing always strikes me: Simon Cowell is a major douche. He's a douche to his fellow judges, and he's a douche to those auditioning to be the next American Idol.

What has this guy done that's so great? He started out pushing paper in some record company and by kissing ass for years he finally became a producer. I can't think of anything great that he's produced.

The other 3 at that table(LL and Paula Abdul especially) have been far more successful than he has, and yet he acts like he is the most successful person in the music biz ever.

I just detest that scumbag.

For those unaware of who he is, he's this guy(you've probably seen him before):

http://www.american-idol.org/simon.jpg

DontRaisePlz
02-05-2005, 03:44 AM
To top it off, he's not that funny.

Steve McQueen
02-05-2005, 03:45 AM
And he's British.

Jezebel
02-05-2005, 03:49 AM
However, everything I have heard the man say is true. When someone sucks he nails it. When someone is good he also nails it. The other two judges are not nearly as consistent.

Also without him the show would be a bad copy of Star Search.

Jack of Arcades
02-05-2005, 03:50 AM
Simon's the only thing that makes AI entertaining.

nolanfan34
02-05-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However, everything I have heard the man say is true. When someone sucks he nails it. When someone is good he also nails it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It seems like he's mean, but come on, most of the people on that show are delusional mental patients who actually have convinced themselves that they're good. Seriously, it's like they didn't bother with psychological screening this year.

Steve McQueen
02-05-2005, 03:52 AM
I watch the show to hear people sing badly so I can laugh. That's why most people watch, I think. If he cuts all the bad singers then the later rounds won't be as funny.

IggyWH
02-05-2005, 03:53 AM
He might be a douche, but guess who is making all the money from American Idol? Often the best businessmen are the shrewdest. Trump sure is a douche...

eric5148
[ QUOTE ]
Simon's the only thing that makes AI entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hardly.

What would be entertaining is if they had a clown with a big cane who would shuffle over to a bad singer and yank them away, Apollo-style.

Jack of Arcades
Right, because everyone stops watching towards the end.

Lazymeatball
02-05-2005, 04:01 AM
Simon Cowell is the Truth. He tells people when they suck, and he takes a little personal joy in it, so what? So does everyone who enjoys watching the show. There would be no show without Simon Cowell. And as for what has Simon ever accomplished, there is a little thing called Wrestlemania Volume 4 which he produced thank you very much.

My favorite part of this season was when he called out those Molfetta twins, and decided to judge them individually for the specific reason of making Paula say one was better than the other, and then rejecting both of them. hahahahahahahaha

whiskeytown
02-05-2005, 04:19 AM
yah...as a musician, I'm used to hearing people tell other musicians how good they are, even if they suck dogballs, so a little honesty is refreshing.

He's still an ass though.

RB

daryn
02-05-2005, 04:26 AM
wtf are you talking about you moron. as far as i know, simon produced the WWF Wrestlemania album.

Steve McQueen
02-05-2005, 05:17 AM
I really, really hope this is a sarcastic post.

/images/graemlins/mad.gif

daryn
02-05-2005, 05:20 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

although that is one damn fine album

Lazymeatball
02-05-2005, 05:21 AM
Ta-tan-ka
Buffalo
Ta-tan-ka
Buffalo
Ta-tan-ka
Buffalo
Ta-tan-ka
Buffalo

Steve McQueen
02-05-2005, 05:57 AM
Do you smelllelelelelelelelelel... what the ROCK...is...cooking.

[Cue music]

daveymck
02-05-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes on tuesdays nights when I am flipping channels I will settle on American Idol, and the same thing always strikes me: Simon Cowell is a major douche. He's a douche to his fellow judges, and he's a douche to those auditioning to be the next American Idol.

What has this guy done that's so great? He started out pushing paper in some record company and by kissing ass for years he finally became a producer. I can't think of anything great that he's produced.

The other 3 at that table(LL and Paula Abdul especially) have been far more successful than he has, and yet he acts like he is the most successful person in the music biz ever.

I just detest that scumbag.

For those unaware of who he is, he's this guy(you've probably seen him before):

http://www.american-idol.org/simon.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

He isnt a producer he in essence is a talent finder, image moulder but as far as I know he has not produced any records.

We first got Pop Idol over here about five years ago, this has spawned tow other shows all filling the Saturday night prime time slot, strangley as well as him becoming a minor celeb himself, him and his mate who own the show have sold the rights to many countries had a number of US series and get all the winners signed to their record label and management companies.

Musically he maybe has not been too sucessful but as a business man he has been, he tells it how it is but has become a caricature of himself in recent series over here, but at least unlike Paula he actually says what he thinks.

The judges over here are generally a lot harsher on the UK version than they have been on what bits I saw of the US one.

Now I only need to know what douchebag is I have heard the word but never thought it was in common use in normal language.

smudgex68
02-05-2005, 11:05 AM
He's made millions out of insulting singers ... he's cool

astroglide
02-05-2005, 02:51 PM
you sound jealous

Nottom
02-05-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Simon wasn't a "douche" no one would watch his TV show. I almost always agree with him as well.

Also, I can almost guarentee that Simon has more money that either of the the other 2, although I could be wrong about Randy. As for Paula, I would say most of the money she made went to her "Randy" or "Simon"

TimTimSalabim
02-05-2005, 04:49 PM
He may not have the credentials, but without him, the show would be a dud. Plus, he's alive and raking it in. Meanwhile, you're dead /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

zephed56
02-07-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When someone is good he also nails it...

Also without him the show would be a bad copy of Star Search.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oxymoron:
example-American Idol talent

The once and future king
02-07-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The other 3 at that table(LL and Paula Abdul especially) have been far more successful than he has,

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. You couldnt be me wrong. Simon is a multi multi millionaire. His company produces the pop idol programmes, gets a cut of all the phone calls in to vote and will sign the winners on a very lucrative (for him) contract.

Simon is a business man so you have not heard of him, but his production company is responsible for most of the highly commercial pap you hear on the radio.

astroglide
02-07-2005, 12:17 PM
clay aiken's voice is astronomically good and anybody that can't see that is a moron regardless of what bias they have against him and/or the show.

Leo99
02-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Maybe because he dropped out of school, he didn't learn proper social skills?

Without Simon the show would suck. You can replace Randy or Paula but you can't replace Simon. Yeah, he's a DB but that's what makes him Simon and that's the success of the show.

zephed56
02-07-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
clay aiken's voice is astronomically good and anybody that can't see that is a moron regardless of what bias they have against him and/or the show.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ha-ha! Good don't cut it, sorry. There's plenty of above average voices making shitty music these days.

By the way, why exactly is he astronomically good? I just don't get it.

ClaytonN
02-07-2005, 09:34 PM
I agree with Astro, even though Clay Aiken sings the kinda crap I would never be caught dead listening to, he has a fkn amazing singing voice.

And as for those of you who hate Simon, get real. Without Simon, that show does not exist.

If you're sitting on your coach seeing these terrible singers and you yell "Oh my god, these guys fking suck!" and you see judges acting all nice, you have to be turned off, don't you think? Simon Cowell is the reason that show is the way it is, bar none.

Let's put it this way, when Simon says "this person is starbound", he's usually pretty dead on.

shadow29
02-07-2005, 09:35 PM
I only watch AI in the preliminary rounds. Why? To laugh at the terrible people and Simon making fun of the terrible people.

Is that sick? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lastchance
02-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Yeah, he's a douche. He shouldn't change though. He's gotta be a douche. The show needs him to be a douche.

zephed56
02-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Well, I think I am going to have to infringe on some copyrights and find out for myself. I'll reply later with my findings.

Everytime I watch that show, I am simply amazed at how many people love mediocre talent.

Slacker13
02-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Simon is great, probably the main reason why I watch the show. I think deep down your in love with him.

ClaytonN
02-07-2005, 09:52 PM
get the bridge over troubled water version. I don't know any of his songs beyond what they play on TV, but that Bridge over troubled water song he sang on the finale of season 2 was just an awesome display of vocal talent. Maybe it's just me.

zephed56
02-07-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
get the bridge over troubled water version. I don't know any of his songs beyond what they play on TV, but that Bridge over troubled water song he sang on the finale of season 2 was just an awesome display of vocal talent. Maybe it's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alright, I just infringed on a few of his copyrights just now (files deleted now).

I don't see anything special about his vocal talents. Average. And he also has an extremely generic and uninteresting sound (his voice). Did I mention the music sucks too?

Yep, the douchebag is a great judge of talent. I'll give him credit for creating such interest in this crap though. I'm sure he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Jman28
02-07-2005, 10:54 PM
He's honest and he's a great judge of future success. Sometimes his honesty is mean, but the truth can hurt.

The show needs him, badly.

ricochet420
02-08-2005, 03:06 PM
yeah, and what the h3ll is Paula on, H?