PDA

View Full Version : MAD Tv

James282
02-05-2005, 03:24 AM
Is it me or are the impersonations on this show laughably bad? It might be one of the least funny shows on television. At least when Comedy Central had the rights to SNL there was something to watch during the day. This MAD Tv is brutal. I'd say SNL had about 20-30% funny skits, MAD TV is closer to 5-10. Can someone explain what I'm missing that makes this show so popular?
-James

Nottom
02-05-2005, 03:28 AM
I've never been a big MAD TV fan either.

Every now and then SNL goes through a phase where they start putting together someone elaberate sketches with lots of set up needed that would last like 15 min. The resulting joke just would never be worth the wait.

Pretty much everything MAD TV does seems like this to me, but occasionally they hit pretty big.

theredwave
02-05-2005, 03:29 AM
When has MADtv ever been popular?

istewart
02-05-2005, 03:40 AM
nmbm

Popinjay
02-05-2005, 03:51 AM
Ya it sucks most of the time, but there are some awesome sketches... He looka like a man

James282
02-05-2005, 03:56 AM
Right, some are funny. My mom is funny occasionally too. But for every funny skit they have there are 15-20 of that guy who doesn't even come close to doing a decent Bill Clinton. And the show must be popular, or else why would it run so frequently in syndication?
-James

brassnuts
02-05-2005, 03:58 AM
The show hasn't been at least decent since its first season or two. The only really funny sketches are the one with that tall, Phil Gordon-looking guy who plays that hyperactive kid with a drunk mother.

istewart
02-05-2005, 03:58 AM
IT IS FOX.

Lazymeatball
02-05-2005, 04:31 AM
don't fool yourselves into thinking it must be somewhat redeamable just because it is played on tv so often. I have laughed at the very occassional sketch but overall the show is terrible, and I was shocked to find out Comedy Central bougth them. I would have rather watched Brendon Frasier in "The Socut" a 17th time then watch this show get aired regularly. It actually makes SNL look good, and SNL has sucked for the past 6-8 years. Daryll Hammond has been the only redeeming factor lately and I think he left. Will Ferrell blows, because he, like most SNL sketches takes one joke and rams it into the ground until the audience is sick of it.

end result, Mad TV blows, don't fool yourself into watching it just because it is on so often. And SNL blows ever since Mike Myers and/or Dana Carvey left.

plaster8
02-05-2005, 07:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And SNL blows ever since Mike Myers and/or Dana Carvey left.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot Phil Hartman. He held that show together.

mythrilfox
02-05-2005, 07:42 AM
Yeah, even the people I know that watch it hate it.