PDA

View Full Version : Fun w/ 83s

The Dude
02-05-2005, 03:22 AM
Commmerce 9-18, 9 handed. Everyone who saw the turn in this hand is prettly loose preflop, and only EP wasn't WAY too passive. She was too passive postflop, but not terrible.

Preflop:
4 limpers, small blind folds, The Dude checks in the BB w/ 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Flop: (5 SBs) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
The Dude bets, UTG calls, EP calls, MP calls, CO folds.

Turn: (4.5 BBs) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif
The Dude bets, UTG raises, EP calls cold, MP calls cold. The Dude 3-bets, UTG calls, EP calls, MP calls.

Turn: (16.5 BBs) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
The Dude bets, intending to fold to a raise from anyone but EP, in which case I'd call.

captZEEbo1
02-05-2005, 03:41 AM
fold to raise?, not sure if I agree with that. Also, too many turns:
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (4.5 BBs) T
The Dude bets, UTG raises, EP calls cold, MP calls cold. The Dude 3-bets, UTG calls, EP calls, MP calls.

Turn: (16.5 BBs) A

[/ QUOTE ]

Entity
02-05-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold to raise?, not sure if I agree with that. Also, too many turns:
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (4.5 BBs) T

Turn: (16.5 BBs) A

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If dude's read is right, it's the right play, but I think the pot is approaching the gargantuan size needed to make a calldown. I hear live poker is a lot more passive than online, though, so I can't say for sure.

Rob

The Dude
02-05-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hear live poker is a lot more passive than online, though, so I can't say for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is, although it's not just that. Live you can tell a lot better who is capable of raising w/ only a pair of Aces and who isn't. While I doubt EP would raise the river w/ only 1 pair after the turn action, I can't be sure, so I call her raise. UTG and MP, however, are 100% not raising with a hand I beat.

Michael Davis
02-05-2005, 04:09 AM
I would never fold but I think you are right to do so. The simple fact is that most live players wouldn't raise here with a bunch of hands that do beat you. It's en vogue to say the Commerce is filled with crazies, but in the 9-18 game, that reputation really only applies to preflop. Postflop, they don't bet and raise nearly enough.

Did you go today?

-Michael

Entity
02-05-2005, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hear live poker is a lot more passive than online, though, so I can't say for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is, although it's not just that. Live you can tell a lot better who is capable of raising w/ only a pair of Aces and who isn't. While I doubt EP would raise the river w/ only 1 pair after the turn action, I can't be sure, so I call her raise. UTG and MP, however, are 100% not raising with a hand I beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the importance of a good read. Even online, I've had times where I've made folds like that in huge pots. I'm guessing live just makes it that much easier.

Rob