PDA

View Full Version : 67s from late position - Calling station

pokerstudAA
02-05-2005, 03:02 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Can I consider a raise here? Is that too agg.? I generally limp these in late and do not raise against many limpers unlesss it it is more like 89s,910s, TJs.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Call on this flop? Got a gut shot draw to the nuts and a back draw flush draw. That is 4-5 outs. If the 6 or 7 hits theres not a good chance it will win as a pair. This might have been a loose call.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Now I picked up 3 outs to 2-pair and 2 outs to trips. Plus the 4 to a straight. No flush. This call is easy right.

River: (5.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

Did I runner runner him or was this play solid?

Nick C
02-05-2005, 05:05 PM
I think the preflop limp is fine. If I had your hand, I wouldn't have even considered raising with a suited connector that low. I believe I did it on the Button once with 87s, but I think there were more limpers in front of me. And, even then, I wasn't really sure it was a good play.

I think the flop call is close. I give you 1.5 outs for the backdoor flush. And there's a good chance you have a full 4 outs for your gutshot, unless UTG+2 is betting a flush draw, in which case your pair outs likely have some value (though in that case you're vulnerable to a redraw if you do improve on the turn). You're not closing the action, but BB probably isn't lining up a checkraise.

The turn and river look fine to me.

I think the biggest question is what to do on the flop, and I'm not certain what's best. But I probably would have called, like you did.