PDA

View Full Version : Am I too tight?

bigredlemon
02-05-2005, 02:11 AM
Hands played: 31
Won: 0%
Flops seen: 6%

One of those was free (in BB), the other was discounted (t5 more with t10 spent in SB)

Pepsquad
02-05-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hands played: 31
Won: 0%
Flops seen: 6%

One of those was free (in BB), the other was discounted (t5 more with t10 spent in SB)

[/ QUOTE ]

Impossible to tell. This could have just been a really bad run of cards. But 6% flops seen is obscenely low.

bigredlemon
02-05-2005, 02:28 AM
Actually yea. I bumped into the fishiest SNG game ever... people where literally raising and reraising every single hand. So naturally I tightened up a bit, though I didn't need to, since I didn't get any pair or anything higher than A7s and QKs. With the pot raised and re-raised ahead of me and more to act behind, I couldn't justify a call, and eventually just blinded down to 400 in level 4, where I went all in.

Scuba Chuck
02-05-2005, 03:17 AM
Am I too tight?

Virgins see more flops than you.

SuitedSixes
02-05-2005, 05:03 AM
Let me preface this all by saying, VP$IP doesn't mean as much in NL tournaments as it does in limit ring games and your sample size is way too small. You're worrying about 31 hands! We've all (if playing correctly) have had hours and hours of ring games folding unplayable cards. I would say that there are less than 15 playable hands at those levels out of 169 possible, or less than 8%, and most of those are incorrect to call a raise with or play from UTG.

If you're playing $5s-$33s, That is close to the perfect level of tightness. Over 18,000+ hands my VP$IP is under 6% in those levels. From there I go: 16%, 25%, 34%, 46%, 52%, 54% If you're bothered by it, notice how many times the leader after Level 1 or 2 wins. From there, you should be able to decide if it is better to play loose and accumulate chips early, or to play the strategy that has been mentioned several times on this board which is directly opposite to that strategy.

Mr_J
02-05-2005, 10:49 AM
My figures for VP$IP seem very low. Is this figure only if a flop is seen?

SuitedSixes
02-05-2005, 11:38 AM
No, it's any time that you don't fold (or check in the big blind) pre-flop. I am pretty sure my Level 1-3 numbers are accurate, but I have no idea about the others. "He Who Likes to be Vague In His Posts" said in the last few weeks that there are correct numbers, but I don't know what he thinks they are. It has got to be very dependent on how many players are left. It makes sense that they would be escalating, but when and by how much, I don't know. You and I play very different levels, though.

I have been busy obsessing over ROI and ITM to pay much attention to PokerTracker, but I have folded my SB 100% of the time to a steal with the blinds 600/1200. It's just odd to see 100% there, I am much more aggressive than that.

Mr_J
02-05-2005, 12:10 PM
"No, it's any time that you don't fold (or check in the big blind) pre-flop"

My stats are obviously wrong then. 21% is the highest my VP$IP gets, yet my steal % is higher in every level. Then again, it does have some 'went to SD' %s at over 100% /images/graemlins/confused.gif

SuitedSixes
02-05-2005, 12:43 PM
Yeah that looks like you've got a problem. I don't see how you can have a 21% VP$IP past level 5. I think that ATSB is calculated if you raise out of the Cutoff or Button, so that would be a higher.

Mr_J
02-05-2005, 01:21 PM
"I think that ATSB is calculated if you raise out of the Cutoff or Button, so that would be a higher."

Yep. I was counting steal % as a % of all hands (not just from button/CO). My fold %s don't match up (one level it says I fold 80% PF yet later says I fold 61% PF- same level), it's wrong about my VP$IP, looks like it's wrong about PFR%, and I'm not sure how 375% of hands for one level can go to a showdown.