PDA

View Full Version : Fairly Compensated?

RocketManJames
02-05-2005, 01:16 AM
Given your experience, your skill set, your industry, and your location, where do you believe you fall in terms of pay in terms of percentile?

-RMJ

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-05-2005, 01:18 AM
?????¿

RocketManJames
02-05-2005, 01:33 AM
Anyway, I tried to do this as a poll, and for some reason I couldn't. Maybe my Firefox settings are screwy... anyhow, what I'm asking is this:

Given a population that is similar to you with respect to employment, where do you fall in the salary/pay range? I am curious, because I am in the middle of discussing fair versus unfair compensation with a personal friend of mine. My feeling is that if you're in the 10th to 25th percentile, and you don't particularly suck at what you do, then you're probably being unfairly compensated.

Curious where "most" people fall... would be weird if everyone felt they were over- or under- compensated.

I guess I'm talking only to those who are not self-employed (poker included).

-RMJ

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-05-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm talking only to those who are not self-employed (poker included).

[/ QUOTE ]

You can count me out.

Nottom
02-05-2005, 02:04 AM
Are you asking where you feel you fall paywise relative to other people in your same field with similar qualifications?

RocketManJames
02-05-2005, 02:29 AM
Yes, this is what I'm asking. Wow, I must really be doing a miserable job asking my question.

Similar job qualifications, similar job description/title/responsibilities, and also same/nearby region, since I wouldn't want to compare an engineer's Silicon Valley salary to a similar engineer's salary in New Mexico.

-RMJ

Boris
02-05-2005, 02:34 AM
Bottom 5%. I mean, I'm feckin good man.

Nottom
02-05-2005, 03:04 AM
Well in that case you assesment seems correct. If you are doing the same job in the same area as someone else, you should be getting roughly the same pay, if you are in the bottom 25% and aren't a complete slacker then you should be looking to try and remedy that.