PDA

View Full Version : wsoop seats for sale

07-16-2002, 10:55 AM
If anyone has a seat going spare for the two $300 games, I would be interested in negotiating a purchase for it (them). However, if you are one of the greedy ones who thinks that it's worth 90% of face value or higher - forget it. A seat that only cost you $40 is worth about $200 MAX to me. There you go. If you want £200, then contact me. If you want more.......good luck getting it.

axxeman@lycos.co.uk.

07-16-2002, 11:47 AM
Wow, you have a strange way at looking at things. If I find a $20 bill on the floor, and ask you for change, should I be happy with $15 from you? According to you, I found the money, and if I want full value or anything near it I am greedy. Here is my spin on the situation.

You are the greedy one. You want a huge overlay, and on top of that you insult anyone who gets in your way. Pay for your seat, and if you are lucky enough to get an overlay smile and say thank you!

"A seat that only cost you $40 is worth about $200 MAX to me."

That statement is just to stupid not to laugh at!

07-16-2002, 12:44 PM
listen Rod, what have I ever done to you?? All I was saying is that these "spare" tickets are overvalued by their owners. Unsold it is worth nothing, but I am stating what I am prepared to pay for it. Simple as that. In my experience, people will take what they can get much nearer the time and that's when it becomes a buyers' market. I am offering someone a guaranteed profit on their investment which also gives me value. Two thirds is a fair price for second hand goods. These aren't tickets for a Michael Jackson concert, they are for an innovative online festival which has yet to prove it's worth. So it is very simple - if you are happy with a reasonable guaranteed price then sell to me. If not and you want more? then fine, try elsewhere and you have my best wishes. You, however, just appear to be one of these people who take delight in throwing insults and abuse without foundation. You haven't even said if you hold a ticket for the aforementioned. Go away and bug someone else and in future mind your own business if it doesn't concern you. This is definitely what happens when cousins are permitted to marry.......

07-16-2002, 01:21 PM
The fair price of the seat should be determined by supply and demand. A statement like 'Two thirds is a fair price for second hand goods' does not make any sense. The price of course should be below the face value and so high that exactly one person should want to buy it.

Regards Hansi

07-16-2002, 01:26 PM
ROFLMAO

You are trying to rob people. Someone points this out and you attack him? Can't wait for his reply.

Unsold it is worth nothing, but I am stating what I am prepared to pay for it.

This one I like the best.

MS Sunshine

07-16-2002, 01:27 PM

07-16-2002, 02:06 PM
nicely put hansi. best regards. axxe

07-16-2002, 02:07 PM
simple bartering. By the way - he attacked me first.

07-16-2002, 02:23 PM
Axxeman now that you put it that way I can see your point. You come here, out of goodwill, and offer cold hard cash for a "cyber seat" in some half baked online tourny. I, having nothing to do with you, point out that you may be offering an unfair price, or atleast not representing an unbiased opinion of their value. Who the heck am I to voice my opinion on a public forum. Do you realize I could blow a perfect opportunity for you to rip someone off. Hell, you are willing to pay 60% of value. BTW I regularly give my fellow poker players 100% value for seats I planned on buying anyway. This is consideration for my fellow players. I know I am not alone on this one, it is very common.

Now I will address the comment you make about marrying a cousin. I dont know how you knew this, but yes I do love my cousin very much. We married last year, and have been happy ever since. It very hard going through life as homosexual couple, add the fact that we are actually first cousins and it gets really ugly. We felt that we could overcome all the problems, but your comment was the last straw. As we speak his stuff in on the sidewalk, If I cant get acceptance over the computer, how can I expect to survive real life. Your brutal, but maybe you did me a favor.

By the way I have bad vision, so you may want to poke fun at that If you have the guts to reply to my post.

07-16-2002, 02:33 PM
Only in an efficient Market.

07-16-2002, 02:39 PM
Axxeman-

I am with ya!! Supply must Equal Demand and there appears to be a lot of sellers but not too many buyers out there. Therefore, the price must fall to a level to accomodate both and eventually push some sellers out of the market. Wait a while - you should get your price. However, I would change your posting name since you have seemed to piss off a bunch of people around here.

Good Luck,

Bub

07-16-2002, 02:49 PM
Ok, Rod - nicely put reply. Apologies for the scathing humour. It's an English thing....... Anyway, the whole issue draws me back to my original point; why do people want to win more than one entry when it cannot be exchanged for the face value with the organisers? I do think that there are enough daily tourneys running to fulfill that burning desire for ones' daily poker fix. I suppose it boils down to why do people buy two cars when they can only drive one......? Because they can is the answer. The person who won the second (unnecessary) ticket is the one who has painted himself (herself) into a corner. I can see no valid reason to play twice, when the second success could actually be barren. I take your point about full value being paid by you out of respect for your fellow players. That is something I had not considered because, with few exceptions, they are just flashing nicknames on a screen. I do not know them personally and so it makes it much harder to be that considerate. Poker is very much played on an every man for himself basis and I suppose that is what I have carried through here.

By the way, I did pick up a spare for the tourney on CCC and ended up paying $75 for a $107 ticket. A price that both parties were happy with. But that was on the day of the tourney and the poor unfortunate was trawling around the cash tables in his attempt to offload a ticket which was to become worthless in under an hour. I am sure that nearer the off time, there will be one or more anxious people around waving their tickets in the air and selling for whatever they can get.

We shall see. Anyways thanks for the dialogue.

p.s. I'm sorry about your cousin, I hope that you can make it up........

07-16-2002, 04:26 PM
"A seat that only cost you $40 is worth about $200 MAX to me."

You're looking at it the wrong way. If someone enters a satellite costing $33 for a $320 event, the seat is not worth $33 just because thats what it cost them - they had to win the other $287 of tournament equity. Therefore the value of the seat is $320. Naturally if they sell it they can't expect to get $320, but your suggestion of $200 is rather unreasonable as well. However, your later suggestion of "£200" is more than fair /images/smile.gif

Regards,

Richard

07-16-2002, 04:33 PM
oops currency typo. well spotted.