PDA

View Full Version : A hand at PP I played against Irieguy

slydeni
02-05-2005, 12:08 AM
OK. 1st of all I will say that I think Irieguy is extremely talented at this NL thing. I have read and respect his posts for a long time. BUT--- this play I am not sure about... and Irie... if you read this-- please explain your logic to me. I am sure you had some, i am just missing it.
In all seriousness- mad props to you...but what happened here?

Party Poker 30+3 BB= 50

Irie is UTG with about 850 in chips.
HERO is UTG+1 with 820 in chips
Other guy is Mid pos. with about 1600 in chips.

IRIEGUY limps for 50 beans.
HERO raises with JJ to 250.
Otherguy calls 250.
Everyone else folds to IRIE who does what? HE GOES ALL IN!

Here are my thoughts at that point...

"Irieguy is a player. I can not believe he just limp re-raised.He has to have AA or KK-- what a master! But the table has not been super aggressive. He could not pull the limp- reraise here-- it would not be a good time. He would know this. He has a lower pair (again...these are my thoughts) and is gonna try and swipe the pot from me, a tight/ aggressive player, and the OTHERGUY who just called 250 raise. I think I have the best hand. Otherguy prolly has AK, or at worst: AQ.I am gonna call this..."

I called.
And so did the other guy...

I turn over JJ.
Other guy turns over AK
IRIEGUY turns over AQ off suit!

Was someone else playing his account? /images/graemlins/smile.gif
I hope my "jest-ful" tone comes thru in this post. It was a fun hand, and I am curious if I am missing something here-- cuz I'd have folded AQ off there.

He did win the hand when a Q came on flop... anyways.. much love-

sly

AlmightyJay
02-05-2005, 12:23 AM
Obviously his pattern mapper told him he was going to win /images/graemlins/wink.gif