PDA

View Full Version : download vs. no download sites

07-16-2002, 10:41 AM
Are there any sites other than gutspoker and pokerroom that can be accessed off the net without a download? Makes for handy playing when not at home ISP.

Also, are there any risks to playing real money at the non download sites - such as secure issues, etc.

thanks in advance.

07-16-2002, 03:28 PM
Hi,

There is this dynamite poker, which doesnt need download.

But as a no download site, it takes a few minutes to reach the table.Also it only has holdem games & tournaments.

The interface is good & players are cool. try it out..

07-16-2002, 04:27 PM
I play about 4000 hands a week on various sites and the Pokerroom is my favorite place right now. I have never had any problems there but their all-in reset policy is something left to be desired because I have had a problem with my phone line and frequent disconnects. I also like the statistical spread of the cards, I dont see a lot of the frustrating action creating BAD BEATS that you get on Paradise and PartyPoker.

07-16-2002, 05:07 PM
Thanks Mr. Greatest. lol

I checked out pokerroom, but there really isn't all that many real money players there. Makes me wonder why. But it seemed okay and all from what I watched. Any other comments on Pokerroom??

07-16-2002, 06:11 PM
Most of Pokerroom's games seem to be at the 1-2 limit.Evenings there will be a 2-4,maybe 2 3-6's and 1 or 2 higher games going but there will be between 5 and 10 1-2 tables.If that's what you are looking for then by all means give it a try because they are the loosest,most passive 1-2 games around(even more than True).I bought in a couple of months ago and have since cashed out twice with no problems whatsoever.They are also running a 20% first time buy in bonus now.I don't know what the qualifiers are but I'm sure it's posted somewhere on the site.

07-16-2002, 10:23 PM
I always find a game at pokerroom. I usually play 3/6, 5/10, or even 10/20 ocasionally. I just like it cuz i dont see the funny draws and other BS like PP or Party!