PDA

View Full Version : Poker question- I know, wrong forum

Steve McQueen
02-04-2005, 09:23 PM
My friend and I are playing a friendly game of no limit tx hold em for fun.

I'm dealing all the rounds though because I'm a better and faster dealer.

So we're about 15 minutes in and I deal him first of course, even though he's the small blind. I deal him one, then me one, but on the second card I deal to him it flips up. I say that's the first burn card and so I finish dealing and give him a new card face down.

He protests and says he wants that called a misdeal because the flipped up card helped his hand. I say no and tell him he can fold if he wants but then I get his blind.

I always thought that if it's the first card dealt that is flipped up, then it's a misdeal. Otherwise, it's not a misdeal and the face up card is used as the first burn card.

astroglide
02-04-2005, 09:27 PM
i'm no rules meister but i think you're right on this one too. tommy angelo has a list of rules somewhere on his site though so it may be in there.

Ianco15
02-04-2005, 09:31 PM
I think that if a card turns up while your dealing its a misdeal unless a certain number (I believe its about 8) of cards have been dealt, in which case the turned up card becomes the first burn card.

bholdr
02-04-2005, 09:38 PM
JEEZ! give him the card! if he wants to let you know that much about his hand, by all means, let him!!!

Alobar
02-04-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
JEEZ! give him the card! if he wants to let you know that much about his hand, by all means, let him!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, excellent advice!

Steve McQueen
02-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Give him what card? He didn't want to play the hand out, he wanted it ruled dead, the blinds taken back, and all new cards dealt.
??

bholdr
02-04-2005, 09:50 PM
yes i didn't read the post carefully enough.

I think Wacki put together a nice set of home game rules. check out the home poker forum for them.

If I were you, I'd tell him to shut the f**k up and learn how to deal (jokingly, of course).

Steve McQueen
02-04-2005, 10:10 PM
Yes he did piss me off lol. he was like no [censored] you i'm not playing anymore.

So I got up and left, secure in the knowledge that I was right.

Alobar
02-04-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats cuz you are the king of cool! well played Mr.McQueen, well played /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Steve McQueen
02-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Listen, Christian, after the game, I'll be The Man. I'll be the best there is. People will sit down at the table with you, just so they can say they played with The Man. And that's what I'm gonna be, Christian.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

PokerCat69
02-04-2005, 10:32 PM
I would have flipped a coin and gone with whoever won.
Such a minor thing in a friendly home game is of little importance.

GuyOnTilt
02-04-2005, 10:39 PM
In a lot of card rooms, no player can be dealt two consecutive cards, thus if one of the Button's cards is exposed, it's a miseal.

GoT

GuyOnTilt
02-04-2005, 10:40 PM

You weren't necessarily.

GoT

GuyOnTilt
02-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Oh wait. You were dealing to the SB first in a HU match? Why?

GoT

Michael Davis
02-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Were you guys on your periods?

-Michael

Fins
02-04-2005, 10:47 PM
From Robert's Rules - Home Game addition (http://www.diamondcs.net/~thecoach/RobsPkrRulesHome.htm)

Only a misdeal if...
1b. Two or more cards have been exposed by the dealer.

1f. Any card has been dealt out of the proper sequence (except an exposed card may be replaced by the burncard).

12. Procedure for an exposed card varies with the poker form, and is given in the section for each game. A card that is flashed by a dealer is treated as an exposed card. A card that is flashed by a player will play. To obtain a ruling on whether a card was exposed and should be replaced, a player should announce that the card was flashed or exposed before looking at it. A downcard dealt off the table is an exposed card.

13. If a card is exposed due to dealer error, a player does not have an option to take or reject the card. The situation will be governed by the rules for the particular game being played.

Your sit... Hold 'em Section 5
1. If the first holecard dealt is exposed, a misdeal results. The dealer will retrieve the card, reshuffle, and recut the cards. If any other holecard is exposed due to a dealer error, the deal continues. The exposed card may not be kept. After completing the hand, the dealer replaces the card with the top card on the deck, and the exposed card is then used for the burncard. If more than one holecard is exposed, this is a misdeal and there must be a redeal.

- Fins

Steve McQueen
02-05-2005, 02:22 AM
Ok so I was right. Since it wasn't the first card dealt, it was the third card dealt, and the second to him.

Steve McQueen
02-05-2005, 02:24 AM
Because I dealt all the hands. He's bad at dealing so we just had a button and moved it back and forth.

It was the third card dealt. That's why I think I was right.