PDA

View Full Version : party character tells - psychological analysis

TheAmp
02-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Hi,

After a few months of playing party poker Sng's I have begun to suspect that the characters are correlated with the player's style and personality's.

for example, for some unknown reason, the most aggresive player usually sits in seat number 3.
seat number 9 is also maniac prone (I call him "cool dude" cos of the baseball cap and relaxed posture).
seat number 2, on the other hand, is usually taken by calling stations and hopeless gut draw junkies (I call him "dumbass" cos of his empty hollow eyes).
seat number 1 is also likely to be a dumbass - notice how he leans forward....
now beware of seat number 4 : he is the tightass in the game (upright alert posture).

do you have similar experience? if this is typical to most players it can affect two aspects of the game:

1) pre flop and post flop borderline dicisions.
2) dicisions where to sit. first, we want to let the oppenents identify themselves....therefore it is not recomended to sit in highly correlated spots even if you like the image. second, thought must be given to the question where to be seated.

what do you think?

Laughingboy
02-04-2005, 08:39 PM
I always try to get seat 5 on PokerNow, cause the guy is wearing boxing gloves and I just think that's funny. So what kind of player does that make me?

byronkincaid
02-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Man I never thought of that. I'd better get them avatars switched back on ASAP.

ZebraAss
02-04-2005, 08:48 PM
What about the Full tilt poker characters....hmmmm interesting.

stupidsucker
02-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Im not 100% sure in what light this post was intended to be in....

I have also heard that all monikers that have numbers in them mixed with numbers are always Tight aggressive. The first person that sits down gets ITM 53% of the time every time reguardless how he plays within reason.

stupidsucker
02-04-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I always try to get seat 5 on PokerNow, cause the guy is wearing boxing gloves and I just think that's funny. So what kind of player does that make me?

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you type with boxing gloves on?

Laughingboy
02-04-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or hold cards for that matter? Thus the humor.

AlmightyJay
02-04-2005, 09:49 PM
You don't get the reference.. that makes me sad /images/graemlins/frown.gif

SuitedSixes
02-04-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't get the reference.. that makes me sad /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

www.homestarrunner.com (http://www.homestarrunner.com)

"Strongbad E-mails"

Pitr
02-05-2005, 07:09 AM
I always try to get seat 5 or 6 because I prefer my cards to be bottom-center of the screen...

Does that make me insane?

splashpot
02-05-2005, 07:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I always try to get seat 5 or 6 because I prefer my cards to be bottom-center of the screen...

Does that make me insane?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same. I usually 2 table. Since my moniter sucks, there is a huge overlap, and I like to be able to see both sets of cards all the time. So I sit where I will not be covered by the overlap.

J-Lo
02-05-2005, 10:11 AM
i like to sit in seat 1 or 2, does that make me a fish?

ReDeYES88
02-05-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or hold cards for that matter? Thus the humor.

[/ QUOTE ]

But think about how all of the surface area of those oversized thumbs helps you push the chips into the middle. No time to fumble with just a couple of measly little checks. Besides, the doctor made me wear them to help my carpal/tunnel from all that damn chip riffling.

YourFoxyGrandma
02-05-2005, 02:10 PM
I sit wherever there's an open seat.

Slim Pickens
02-06-2005, 03:27 AM
Well, I prefer seats 1 or 10 (I like my PT TT window to have my SB and BB opponents on the top), so there support for seat 1 being a "dumbass." Really, I don't notice any difference in play between the seat positions.

Does anyone else think the Party seat 3 woman avitar looks like she's wearing some sort of pumpkin on her head?

Slim

TheAmp
02-06-2005, 05:44 AM
Slim,
Yes, I also thought about that...new theorys can be built on women's images.
oh, and btw, the post was ment to be humorous. I stare a few hours a day at these charecters playing poker...its fun to bring a little life in these puppets...
Sorry all seat 2 players...dont be so serious!