PDA

View Full Version : Did I do anything right?

jason_t
02-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Very LAGgy button spewing the whole session.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (10.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

jason_t
02-04-2005, 08:04 PM
shameless self-bump. please?

The Goober
02-04-2005, 08:35 PM
You're probably hoping to get a response from some of the more experienced posters, but I'll give it a shot.

Pre-flop, I think you should 3-bet it. You'd really like to play this hand heads up with the LAG (especially b/c you're out of position), and even if MP1 calls 2 cold, you should still have enough pot equity to make money on the raise.

Given that I 3-bet PF, I would have bet out on the flop b/c I wouldn't want it to get checked through and there's a reasonable chance that I could scare MP1 into folding overcards. Given your call PF, though, I really like the flop C/R as button will almost definately bet and let you get it heads-up.

On the turn, I think I would have just check/called. I really don't want to get 3-bet here, and I'm certainly not folding. Also, if he's a real LAG I don't think there's much chance that he'll check it through. This might be weak thinking though - your line might be a better way to extract more money out of overcards, since he's not going to fold them for one more bet.

I play the river the same.

rmarotti
02-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Isolate with a raise PF, Flop and Turn look money, River is interesting. Bet and call a raise, maybe?