PDA

View Full Version : How is UB-2 Illegal??

07-15-2002, 12:56 AM
Some one please give a non-retarded and thought out repsonse to why they think ub-2 is illegal.

To me it just seems like an Ultimate bet Refferal site.

Thanks,

Retardo

07-15-2002, 01:19 AM
It's more than likely not illegal.

Just looks like a typical Multi-Level

Marketing thingamijiggy.

Although some illegal pyramids are in fact disguised as legit MLM.

This one doesn't strike me as being an illegal

pyramid from what I've read...

The net kooks are usually quick to jump on something.

I'll give Ub-2 the benefit of the doubt, until

someone can show me otherwise..

Here is a link I just ran across...

http://www.stopspam.org/general/mlm_vs_pyr.html

07-15-2002, 01:42 AM
Not that I plan on joining ub-2 I think that it is rather ignorant to claim a site or program is illegal just because it is multilevel.

I did some research and here is what I found out.

First of all Ub-2 does not promote a tangible product one must purchase to join the program.

Yes they have to play poker if they want to make any money but in a reality they were doing that anyway before the program even came out.

I just see it as a large refferal program for something people are doing anyway. And you can benefit from it even if you dont refer anyone..

Your opinions are appreciated,

Retardo

07-15-2002, 07:03 AM
an interesting article creampuff - thank you

one scection is:

"Legitimate multi-level-marketing plans are a way to sell real goods or services through distributors. These plans usually show that if you sign up to be a distributor, you will receive commissions - not only on your sales of the plan's goods or services, but also on the sales of the people you recruit to join the distributors. One of the keys is that there are actually tangible products and services moving through the network, rather than just the building of the network or "building mailing lists" or "sending recipes" or "sending jokes," etc., such as chain letters usually have you do."

07-15-2002, 09:22 AM
It's not the pyramid scheme that is illegal. It is the fact that you will be profiting from ILLEGAL GAMBLING. You will no longer be just a player, which thus far has been able to slide under the radar, YOU WILL BE AN OWNER.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

07-15-2002, 10:56 AM
In an illegal pyramid scheme you must pay to join and your payment is used to pay other members above you. To make any money, you must recruit others to join beneath you(whose payments are used to pay you).

UB-2 is just MLM. A single person could join, play poker and make money off themselves. A person could also join, not play poker and make money off recruits below them.

07-15-2002, 12:44 PM
Forget the fact that it is a pyramid scheme. IN THE UNITED STATES IT IS ILLEGAL TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF ILLEGAL GAMBLING. While the PLAYING poker has thus far flown under the radar of US prosecutors, those OWNERS of gambling sites are forced to stay off shore because their enterprises are forbidden by the Interstate Wire Act. Those of you signed up for UB-2 are now OWNERS! YOU LIVE IN THE USA AND ARE PROFITING FROM AN ILLEGAL GAMBLING OPERATION.

07-15-2002, 01:10 PM
Why don't you go out and report everyone on UB-2 to a government agentcy and try not to get your cape stuck in the door again.

MS Sunshine

07-15-2002, 01:19 PM
I'm just trying to put the word out that UB-2 is illegal and may have consequences for those United States citizens involved in it. Whether you join the program or not is not my conern.

Maybe you should be more concerned with improving your poker play than with what happens to my cape. Here's a free tip for you, quit pushing all your chips in with AQo against KK and with 77 against QQ and you'll last longer in tournaments. You talk a good game, but you are really just another average player.

07-15-2002, 01:28 PM
KNOCK KNOCK!! Who's there? The police, and you are under arrest. What for? We have already exceeded our instructions. Come along with us.

THE TRIAL by Kafka.

Don Quixote

07-15-2002, 01:34 PM
Oh craps! I thought I had left rgp and all these ad hominem attacks there. Come on, let's loosen up a bit /images/smile.gif ok? Thanks /images/smile.gif

Don Quixote

07-15-2002, 01:48 PM
Maybe you should be more concerned with improving your poker play than with what happens to my cape. Here's a free tip for you, quit pushing all your chips in with AQo against KK and with 77 against QQ and you'll last longer in tournaments. You talk a good game, but you are really just another average player.

That's it? That's the best examples of my bad play you can come up with. I have a folder filled with hundreds of examples of my bad play.

As for the legality of UB-2, I have no clue, but neither do you. There really is very little chance that someone here signing up for this program will ever have to worry about any legal action against them. Too bad you really don't care about anyone's troubles here, but are trying to use some sort of scare tactic for your own reasons.

MS Sunshine