PDA

View Full Version : Flopped broadway straight w/monotone flop, I have J of suit

Fat Nicky
02-04-2005, 04:12 PM
no read on utg+1

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

Flop: (6.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero ????

what's the plan from here on out.

Edit: changed topic, typed flush instead of straight

Warchant88
02-04-2005, 04:18 PM
When I first read this, I was automatically thinking re-raise. However, I'm not sure if calling would be bad. It DOES look like a slow-played flopped flush. However, you have the nut straight, and a great draw. I guess I'll say re-raise though.

PokerBob
02-04-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no read on utg+1

what's the plan from here on out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like calling the turn raise and betting/raising the river if a /images/graemlins/heart.gif hits is the right move, but I'm not crazy about it.

Flopping a flush is rare (130:1?). I think if you 3-bet the turn here and call a river bet, you will win more than 50% of the time.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE BEST LINE IS. Someone educate me.

chief444
02-04-2005, 04:28 PM
I like 3-betting now just in case he's on a semibluff and calling down if capped.

Steve-o
02-04-2005, 04:41 PM
If he is on a semi-bluff why not let him keep betting his bluff?

I would just call

your opponent is UTG so unless he is loose it is unlikely he has A2-A9 suited, and we know he doesn't have AT-AK suited. possibly QK, KJ, medium pair, TJs.

like I said it depends on how loose this guy is, but assuming he is a normal type player I would let him keep betting. you won't miss a bet if he checks since you have position.

he probably thinks the board is scary for you and is bluffing or semi-bluffing.

chief444
02-04-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he is on a semi-bluff why not let him keep betting his bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because after the semibluff doesn't work and you call the turn he likely check/folds the river. At the very least he won't call a river raise so the most you win is the same but you'll often miss out on 1 BB.

If he has a made hand that isn't a flush (which is probably most likely here) he'll call down anyway.

I really don't mind calling and raising the river instead. But those are my thoughts. Either way probably results in close to the same reslult on average.