PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 NL Borgata Hand

bogey
02-04-2005, 03:44 PM
So I decided to take a break from online and went and played the 5/10 NL game at the Borgata last night. Second hand of the night for me so I have no clue about anyone. I have about $1000.

I'm dealt J /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB. 4 limpers, I complete, BB checks.

Flop comes beautiful A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

I lead for $50. Everyone folds to button who calls (kind of crazy looking older asian guy who is obviously a regular, i wasn't exactly sure how to parse that info togethor though, button has me covered)

Turn is 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

I lead for $150. Button calls without thinking much at all.

River is K /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

I think for a couple seconds and lead for $200. Button instantly says all-in.

thanks for any replies!

Kaz The Original
02-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Does he have you covered?

bogey
02-04-2005, 03:47 PM
yeh, sorry i kind of hid that in the description of him

technologic
02-04-2005, 04:16 PM
i think this is a call

the only feasible hand perhaps that beats you here is TT, and if you think the button would slow play this type of hand with a draw like that out there. AK/AA/KK the button probably would've raised preflop, and KT would've played his two pair faster than that noting that his two pair could easily get drawn out here. button could easily put you on an Ace, and think his trips are good. i think this is a call...unless you have a read to suggest otherwise.

Post-Oak
02-04-2005, 04:41 PM
Let's assume he knows how to play. What hands is he calling you with on the flop and turn?

What hands does he raise all-in on the river?

I think the best case scenario for you is that you are splitting this pot.

Unfortunately the pot is already big and you are now getting ~2.4 to one on your money. You need to be good here 30% of the time to break even.

Very tough hand. I fold. Most of the regulars know not to raise on that board without the goods. It is not a bluff. I would put him on a full house.

LuvDemNutz
02-04-2005, 04:46 PM
I think I fold this one too.

Even if he has KQ or KJ you are still facing a redraw to the boat on the river.

Post-Oak
02-04-2005, 04:52 PM
The raise all-in was on the river.

The final board is:

A-K-T-6-K

LuvDemNutz
02-04-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The raise all-in was on the river.

The final board is:

A-K-T-6-K

[/ QUOTE ]

Woops - OK - Without a read I would have a very difficult time making this call.

I don't see most reasonable players calling both of your pot-sized bets with just KQ or KJ here.

greg nice
02-04-2005, 05:29 PM
what were yyour thoughts on that game in general?

fsuplayer
02-04-2005, 05:37 PM
i would check and most-likely call.

the flush missed, give him a chance to bluff at it, all while keeping the pot smaller so that if he bluffs, its not a decision for your stack.

unless of course you have a read, or you dont mind getting all in anyways. then i guess you can bet.

Yeknom58
02-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Is he more crusty or crazy looking? If he's crusty then I fold, if he's crazy then I call. A crusty old rock will have a FH.

AZK
02-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Were Sean and Amir there doing their typical thing? That is, claiming to be at each other's throats and staging fights and taking it outside in big hands? I've heard they run this every few weeks to rattle up the table for the people that are newcomers, happened when I was playing...

freemoney
02-04-2005, 06:42 PM
i love this line

greg nice
02-04-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Were Sean and Amir there doing their typical thing? That is, claiming to be at each other's throats and staging fights and taking it outside in big hands? I've heard they run this every few weeks to rattle up the table for the people that are newcomers, happened when I was playing...

[/ QUOTE ]

i think youve been watching a little too much Tilt

bogey
02-04-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what were yyour thoughts on that game in general?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, not too many big pots while i was there, started to get bigger right when i had to leave /images/graemlins/frown.gif

overall the table seemed pretty loose weak, so that was good

bogey
02-04-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, i dont know who they are, but i didn't notice anything like that

riverboatking
02-04-2005, 09:15 PM
unless this guy is really bad you have to call.
no semi-decent player plays a set or two pair this way with so many draw out there.
he doesn't put you on the straight and figures his trip kings are good.
come on guys enough with the weak-tight advice, its like everyone always has the nuts.
you have to remember that not everyone out there is a 2+2'er and a lot of people are willing to push some really marginal hands.
so as i said, only a really bad player would slowplay two pair or a set on this board.

Post-Oak
02-04-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
unless this guy is really bad you have to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was honestly thinking the opposite.

[ QUOTE ]

he doesn't put you on the straight and figures his trip kings are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you raise all-in on the river every time you figure you probably have the best hand? I simply call a good deal of the time when I think my hand is good.

[ QUOTE ]

you have to remember that not everyone out there is a 2+2'er and a lot of people are willing to push some really marginal hands.
so as i said, only a really bad player would slowplay two pair or a set on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of player reraises all-in with trips here?

[ QUOTE ]

come on guys enough with the weak-tight advice, its like everyone always has the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of posts involve the "villain" flying all-in on the river. They DO have the nuts.

I look at it like this. Far from showing weakness, the fact that the villain has called flop and turn bets shows some strength. He is calling you. Then he reraises all-on the river. I could be wrong, but this looks like a strong hand to me, not someone who was calling down with mid-pair and now thinks trips is good.

Lafortezza
02-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Villain shows QJ too, he noticed your hesitation when the board pairs on the river and is betting to fold whatever you have which (he thinks) is obviously not a house.

AZK
02-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Play in that game for a week like I did and you will know what I'm talking about.

bogey
02-05-2005, 04:55 PM
so i folded the hand here after much thought.

i like fsu's line against most players, but this was the type of guy that would just say all in if i checked to him anyway if he had a boat and not just bet the pot, so im still not sure what the best thing to do here was

i asked the guy when i was leaving if he had me on that hand, and he muttered something that i imagined to be, "call, $1000 here" while pointing to his stack, but im not sure he understood what i was asking him and he might not have even been speaking english for all i know

thanks for all the thoughts on this hand guys

fsuplayer
02-05-2005, 05:26 PM
villian does not have QJ here.

the alex
02-06-2005, 12:58 AM
I don't like your fold here. Any two cards that he has in the hole that would make a full house, he would protected more on that flop. I see AJ here.

TheWorstPlayer
02-06-2005, 01:32 AM
Just out of curiosity, no one sees a busted flush draw here?

cero_z
02-06-2005, 02:02 AM
Hi bogey,

I don't understand your river bet. Save that bet for when you KNOW the guy is terrible. Otherwise, check-call (hopefully he doesn't go all-in), or bet the pot, or push. People love to call bets that are "too big to be value bets" these days, and fold to "too small" bets. Your bet must be big enough to possibly be a bluff.

the alex
02-06-2005, 08:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiosity, no one sees a busted flush draw here?

[/ QUOTE ]

My point exactly.

Why is he not protecting his hand on the flop or turn if he has 2 pair or trips going into the river?

Bad fold, I say... as i said before.

the alex
02-06-2005, 08:53 AM
The only reason for him to call on the flop and turn with a hand that would be a full house on the river would be if he put YOU on a flush and was playing the hand weak.

YOU checked the river. If he had 2 pair or trips AND called on the flop AND turn and caught a full boat on the river, is he gonna move in? NO.

You folded the best hand. If you think that this is good, email Phil Hellmuth. You'll be his best friend.

Cornell Fiji
02-06-2005, 09:47 AM
I tried to put the villain on a hand here...

AK, KK, AA he would play MUCH faster (including a pf raise)
TT he might not have raised pf but would have most likely put in a big flop or turn raise
KT would mean that he was making a loose call pf but that is absolutely in the realm of possibility. However with this hand too he would probably be pushing the later streets.

In fact, the only hand that I could not see him reraising the flop and/or turn with is x/images/graemlins/diamond.gif y/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ. The all in on the end is congruent with busted diamonds making this a really easy call.

As for checking the river, I am not sure that he is going to bet a AQ, AJ here and I want to get some value, I like the 200 bet knowing diamonds might still bluff all in (as villain did here.)

I also wouldn't be surprised if the villain knew that you did not like the king on the river. Your bet showed weakness and taken soley from the comment that "So I decided to take a break from online... I wouldn't be surprised if you let off a visual tell.

You missed one here, he had diamonds.

-Steve