PDA

View Full Version : J8s SSHE type hand

Nate tha' Great
02-04-2005, 02:42 PM
The 15/30.

There are limps UTG, MP1 and MP2. UTG and MP2 are tightish ABC type multitablers and MP1 is a poor playing loose-random fish. I have J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the CO and decide to limp. I think this might have been a mistake but I was one-tabling at the time while trying to get some work done and felt that I was playing really well ... in any event I limped. Button folds, SB completes, BB knuckles.

Flop is 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Checked to MP1 who bets, MP2 folds, I raise...

Le gusta?

chief444
02-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Nice.

Malificent
02-04-2005, 04:10 PM
To see if I'm understanding - raise to clean up outs and to potentially get a free card on the turn?

What's the plan if you get a non-T heart on the turn? I'm never sure whether to keep betting at it with the increased outs that I have from the flush draw or whether to take my free card there.

Knoler
02-04-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To see if I'm understanding - raise to clean up outs and to potentially get a free card on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget the read on MP1 - Nate may very well have the best hand.

Regards,
-Brian

Nate tha' Great
02-04-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What's the plan if you get a non-T heart on the turn? I'm never sure whether to keep betting at it with the increased outs that I have from the flush draw or whether to take my free card there.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case, I'm definitely planning to take a free card. I might bet a 9 if he doesn't 3-bet me on the flop.

JackWilson
02-04-2005, 10:08 PM
How come? I didn't really work out the pot size here but if he's getting the correct odds why not value bet the turn? I'm also often unsure about this so an explanation would be helpful.