PDA

View Full Version : Disconnected check/fold instead of fold

ThePinkBunny
02-04-2005, 02:21 PM
As many of us are aware, several sites do monitor these forums, so I'd like to start a petition.

Many sites have gotten ride of allins, which is understandable, however, if you are disconnected, you're hand is often automatically folded.

I would like to see this changed to check/fold. As I know of at least two instances in the last two months, where by having my hand autofolded, it has cost me money.

Anyhow, if anyone feels the same, post here, share your story.

detroitplayer
02-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Pokerroom is check/fold if that makes you feel any better.

PoorLawyer
02-04-2005, 02:38 PM
this happens on the crypto sites and it hoses. For some reason when I play at work on a DSL I don't have many disconnect problems but at home on wireless cable it sucks. The other day was playing stud and saw 999 freeze up on me with 4 people in the pot behind me already! At least for that disconnect I didnt lose money as it had the decency to freeze up before i was at the river with multiple bets in the pot.

aflaba
02-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Agree

kdog
02-04-2005, 08:19 PM
No story but it makes perfect sense to me.

pzhon
02-04-2005, 09:34 PM
On a William Hill limit table, I had the nut flush draw, last to act, and there was a lot of action on the turn. I rivered the nuts, and it was checked to me. I clicked bet. William Hill chose that time to lag, and I folded the nuts on the river with no bet to me. The 13 BB pot was pushed to someone with 2-pair.

I complained. Among other reasons, I had requested that my disconnection protection be reset, and had received no response. In about 5 e-mails, they told me it might be my video card driver (nonsense), that it was for my own protection, that it was Cryptologic policy, etc. I quoted from the PokerPlex web page that if you are disconnected and lose a pot with the best hand, you can contact support and they will credit you. Eventually, William Hill gave me about the amount of the pot.

At least in that situation, when I was last to act, there was no reason not to consider a disconnection as a check. It could be a problem if someone could pretend to disconnect in order to draw a bluff or to trap a player who would not call unless last to act, just like you can sit out briefly in tournaments if you have AA in the big blind to get more action.

StellarWind
02-05-2005, 03:53 AM
Consider the potential for abuse (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=1590297&Fo rum=All_Forums&Words=disconnect&Searchpage=0&Limit =200&Main=1587326&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=7 907&daterange=1&newerval=8&newertype=w&olderval=&o ldertype=&bodyprev=1#Post1590297).

detroitplayer
02-05-2005, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Consider the potential for abuse (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=1590297&Fo rum=All_Forums&Words=disconnect&Searchpage=0&Limit =200&Main=1587326&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=7 907&daterange=1&newerval=8&newertype=w&olderval=&o ldertype=&bodyprev=1#Post1590297).

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the room can just send a server message when people are checked for that reason and destory the angles you listed in that thread. You can't "pretend" to time out at pokerroom.

ThePinkBunny
02-05-2005, 11:10 AM
I don't think the possibility for abuse outweighs the protecting someone's funds already invested in the pot.

And Detroitplayer makes an excellent point.