PDA

View Full Version : I don't like stupid people.

partygirluk
02-04-2005, 01:22 PM
Someone can be nice, generous, and have some shared interests as me, but if they are not in at least the top 2% of the populace for intelligence, then I could not hold down a long term friendship with them.

I am not an uber intellectual. I enjoy talking about sports and girls, playing video games, watching films. But I just get bored of people who are not on my level. This sometimes makes me feel like a bad person.

Yeti
02-04-2005, 01:26 PM
No doubt many people feel this way.

However, replace "top 2%" in your post with "top 15%" and I'd imagine we're closer to the truth of how you actually feel.

Shajen
02-04-2005, 01:28 PM
50% of the population is dumber than average.

Of course, I've also found people that think they are highly intelligent usually aren't.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Yeah, but how many rocket scientists do you know?

jakethebake
02-04-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But I just get bored of people who are not on my level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly why I rarely respond to your posts. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shajen
02-04-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Including you?

None.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DeezNuts
02-04-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like stupid people.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something commonly said by people that overvalue their intelligence in order to obviously separate themselves from so-called "stupid people". Merely saying it doesn't mean you are in the top 2%. It's actually quite high-handed and ridiculous to say.

DN

Sponger15SB
02-04-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two, and the other one is much much smarter than you /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

wacki
02-04-2005, 01:52 PM
http://www.gluteus.us/img/alizee/gifs/g00008.gif

Jake, your avatars are really messing with my ability to concentrate.

Asufiji2004
02-04-2005, 01:56 PM
So do you actually quiz potential friends? Sorry John your I.Q. puts you in the 7% range, we cannot be friends. I have a friend that is a total prodigy. He graduated college at age 14. Wanna know what we talk about?.... baseball. You're a wannabe snob & uuuurr stooooopppiiiid.

Sponger15SB
02-04-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're a wannabe snob & uuuurr stooooopppiiiid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Asufiji2004 1
PartygirlUK 0

jakethebake
02-04-2005, 01:58 PM
I actually kind of agree with you, but my strategy has always been to just drink 3 or 4 beers and I pretty much find my self down on their level pretty quickly.

beerbandit
02-04-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
50% of the population is dumber than average

[/ QUOTE ]

thats hilarious

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-04-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just to be a nit, this isn't necessarily true. 50% are dumber than the mean, but not necessarily the average. Carry on.

Shajen
02-04-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just to be a nit, this isn't necessarily true. 50% are dumber than the mean, but not necessarily the average. Carry on.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, the thing is, it isn't necessarily untrue either. But you're right. I mean, it's not rocket science.

jakethebake
02-04-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was the median.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-04-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I meant, you [censored] nit!

pshreck
02-04-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone can be nice, generous, and have some shared interests as me, but if they are not in at least the top 2% of the populace for intelligence, then I could not hold down a long term friendship with them.

I am not an uber intellectual. I enjoy talking about sports and girls, playing video games, watching films. But I just get bored of people who are not on my level. This sometimes makes me feel like a bad person.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you made this post bars you from being in the top 2% of intelligence. Sorry pal.

partygirluk
02-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Of course I don't quiz my potential friends. But if you are extremely smart then you can quickly ascertain the intelligence of your correspondents, especially if you like to talk about politics and generally some quite deep stuff.

I love to talk about football (soccer). Last night my friend Natalie came round. We played Eye Toy, then talked with some music channels on in the background. We talked about relationships, sex etc. Generally "normal" topics. But because she is a smart girl, she is able to offer a better analysis of life issues than someone less logical. I find that there is a high correlation between poker ability and life advice on 2+2.

There are some mega smart people who are unable to emphatise with ordinary life, and are socially stunted. They would offer bad advice about relationships etc. These are not my friends.

DeezNuts
02-04-2005, 02:25 PM
What makes you so smart, besides the fact that you say you hate "stupid people"?

You are a pseudo-intellectual moron.

DN

jakethebake
02-04-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I meant, you [censored] nit!

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] rocket scientists can't get anything right...and I got a C in freshman stats.

partygirluk
02-04-2005, 02:30 PM
I never said I hated stupid people. I said I did not like them.

pshreck
02-04-2005, 02:33 PM
I'm not trying to mock you Partygirl... but be objective.

Do you think intelligent people, people in the top 2%, would find what you are posting here intelligent? I don't think so, and I don't think it would be just an emotional response to your inflated ego. I think you are clearly making an unintelligent argument, at least one that does't qualify you to be in the top 1/50th of intelligence.

partygirluk
02-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Yes, I know many intelligent people that think this way.
And I have overwhelming evidence that I am way more intelligent that the top 2% of the population.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-04-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And I have overwhelming evidence that I am way more intelligent that the top 2% of the population.

[/ QUOTE ]
So do it, but you see me slumming in here every day. Get over yourself.

pshreck
02-04-2005, 02:39 PM
No offense, but you probably set standards for yourself that were incorrect, and you are making assumptions from that. Intelligent people that ' you know ' think this way. Think about that, if you are capable of it.

Shajen
02-04-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you meant "So do I", not "So do it".

Come on, P, INRS. And slumming? Dude, if you think this is slumming you need to spend time in in some other forums. (http://quarterlifecrisis.com/forums)
And finally:

This whole thread:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050128/capt.ah20101280551.cow_pie_conflagration_ah201.jpg

Asufiji2004
02-04-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course I don't quiz my potential friends. But if you are extremely smart then you can quickly ascertain the intelligence of your correspondents, especially if you like to talk about politics and generally some quite deep stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you just refer to yourself as extremely smart? You know what they say about people who talk about how much $$ they have...or guys who talk about how big their package is.

pshreck
02-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Seriously. Do people come on 2+2 sometimes and say... "Hey, I'm gonna make a thread implying that I am smarter than just about everyone on this board. That should start some great discussion!"

Sephus
02-04-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not the first or only one to think this, but this is a pretty stupid thing to write.

Daliman
02-04-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Of course, I've also found people that think they are highly intelligent usually aren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but 50% are also smarterer than average.....

Subfallen
02-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Meh. OP is silly. The difference between a 2%'er and average is not very significant.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-04-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you meant "So do I", not "So do it".

Come on, P, INRS. And slumming? Dude, if you think this is slumming you need to spend time in in some other forums. (http://quarterlifecrisis.com/forums)
And finally:

This whole thread:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050128/capt.ah20101280551.cow_pie_conflagration_ah201.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
Well [censored] then. Well done. I guess I was too excited to get to Chipotle. You gotta get there by 11:30-11:40 in order to beat all the [censored] high schoolers. I was already a bit late for that, so I had to make damn sure I got there at least by noon. Damn the local high schools and their open campus!

partygirluk
02-04-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously. Do people come on 2+2 sometimes and say... "Hey, I'm gonna make a thread implying that I am smarter than just about everyone on this board. That should start some great discussion!"

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not what I said in my thread. If you search through my posts you will see that on at least 2 of them I praise the general intellectual standards of the 2+2 forums. And precisely the reason why I posted this, is because the are so many smart people on 2+2.

I do not think that I could hold down a long term friendship with someone who is not very smart. I also think this means I miss out on some potentially great friendships/relationships, which is very sad. It is most certainly close minded of me, and I envy some of the ultra smart people I know who can get on with anyone. I am not one of those people.

This thread is about a perceived failing of mine as a person. It is a shame that many of you have interpreted it as a boast thread.

If someone mentioned in a post that they were in the top 1% of 100 metre runners in the World, they would not get such a response. I am just being honest.

Here is a question to all of you: Guesstimate the intelligence of yourself and your close friends. I can pretty much guarantee that they will be quite close to each other. Certainly much more so than if the intelligence of your friends was a random variable with distribution:

N~(100,15)

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-04-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here is a question to all of you: Guesstimate the intelligence of yourself and your close friends. I can pretty much guarantee that they will be quite close to each other. Certainly much more so than if the intelligence of your friends was a random variable with distribution:

N~(100,15)

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno. I've got some pretty dumb friends. Although, they are all at least college educated. I'm not sure if that makes my standards high or the college's standards low.

As an aside, could you tell me that I'm smart too so I can live a happy life? It'd mean a lot to me.

Ponks
02-04-2005, 03:14 PM
I find a lot of people more annoying then stupid, although there is probably a high correlation between the two.

Ponks

daryn
02-04-2005, 03:15 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

funny, i actually know rocket scientists.

daryn
02-04-2005, 03:17 PM
i have friends from all walks of life, guys who barely made it through high school, and aforementioned rocket scientists. variety = g00t

partygirluk
02-04-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

As an aside, could you tell me that I'm smart too so I can live a happy life? It'd mean a lot to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

When have I ever said anything about the correlation between intelligence and happiness? Feel free to debate with me, but please do not twist what I say.

FWIW I suspect that such a relationship is negative. And FWIW there is a positive correlation between intelligence and suicide.

Asufiji2004
02-04-2005, 03:19 PM
Meh, the English.....bollocks to them all.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-04-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When have I ever said anything about the correlation between intelligence and happiness? Feel free to debate with me, but please do not twist what I say.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I just want to know that I'm smart and that would make me happy.

Patrick del Poker Grande
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

funny, i actually know rocket scientists.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, me too! We've got something in common!

cockandbull
[ QUOTE ]
if they are not in at least the top 2% of the populace for intelligence, then I could not hold down a long term friendship with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many long term friends do you have?

best,

harry

daryn
02-04-2005, 03:21 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tough call. it's all relative. you could be in a room of 10 guys and be the dumbest mofo there by far. that's an eye-opening experience.

not that i have experienced it yet /images/graemlins/wink.gif

partygirluk
02-04-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have friends from all walks of life, guys who barely made it through high school, and aforementioned rocket scientists. variety = g00t

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100% My best friend dropped out of high school at 14. But she is damn smart. Smart enough to make a career from bridge, anyway. Smarter than the majority of the PhDs I know. One of my other very best friends, and my flatmate last year was a rapper who barely passed his degree and came from a very rough background. But he is very smart, and one of the deepest people I know. I also know many extremely smart people who I don't like.

partygirluk
02-04-2005, 03:23 PM
[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true then you are incredibly insecure. And if you are really that willing to trust my assessment of your intelligence, then you are extremely stupid.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Can we all compare SAT scores now? Who wants to go first? Extra points if you know the one person in your town who scored higher than you or if you somehow were too good to take the SATs and went straight to grad school at age 14.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-04-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true then you are incredibly insecure. And if you are really that willing to trust my assessment of your intelligence, then you are extremely stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh MAN! See, now you just ruined my whole weekend.

partygirluk
02-04-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can we all compare SAT scores now? Who wants to go first? Extra points if you know the one person in your town who scored higher than you or if you somehow were too good to take the SATs and went straight to grad school at age 14.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either you are deliberately distorting what I said, or you have extremely rudimentary comprehension skills. Why are many of you taking this as a personal insult.

Lets try some logic:

1) Poster say he only really enjoys conversing with the top 2% or so of the population.

2) Poster spends time conversing with other posters on 2+2.

3) This time is voluntary.

4) Therefore we can conclude that the poster enjoys conversing with 2+2ers.

5) Therefore it is likely that he thinks that many 2+2 posters are very smart.

Why is this so hard to see?

daryn
02-04-2005, 03:43 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100% My best friend dropped out of high school at 14. But she is damn smart. Smart enough to make a career from bridge, anyway. Smarter than the majority of the PhDs I know. One of my other very best friends, and my flatmate last year was a rapper who barely passed his degree and came from a very rough background. But he is very smart, and one of the deepest people I know. I also know many extremely smart people who I don't like.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess you missed my point. when i was talking about my friends who barely got through high school, i wasn't trying to say, "but they were really smart".

daryn
02-04-2005, 03:43 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh MAN! See, now you just ruined my whole weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

intelligence = ability to use the quote function properly

jakethebake
02-04-2005, 03:46 PM
After reading this thread does anyone else think that partygirluk probably doesn't like himself?

partygirluk
02-04-2005, 03:46 PM
I didn't mean that. But I phrased the paragraph wrongly. I was trying to respond to the people who are accusing me of being a snob.

Asufiji2004
02-04-2005, 03:47 PM
[quote Either you are deliberately distorting what I said, or you have extremely rudimentary comprehension skills. Why are many of you taking this as a personal insult.

Lets try some logic:

1) Poster say he only really enjoys conversing with the top 2% or so of the population.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU BUG

AngryCola
[ QUOTE ]
but if they are not in at least the top 2% of the populace for intelligence

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I am not an uber intellectual.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...

Patrick del Poker Grande
You're being dicked with because you're coming off as a huge pretentious prick.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pshreck
02-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Incredibly insecure, but holding onto this thought that he is smarter than most of the world's population. What he needs to admit is that it is subjective, and he in fact can't prove that he is as smart as he thinks. No test scores, colleges, or achievements can prove it.

jakethebake
02-04-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Incredibly insecure, but holding onto this thought that he is smarter than most of the world's population. What he needs to admit is that it is subjective, and he in fact can't prove that he is as smart as he thinks. No test scores, colleges, or achievements can prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. What I meant was that if he doesn't like stupid people, well, this thread pretty much puts him there.

partygirluk
02-04-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After reading this thread does anyone else think that partygirluk probably doesn't like himself?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't. Hence why I refer to myself as a "bad person" in the opening post.

Wayfare
02-04-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that he comes on here, says what he just did, and doesn't understand why he is being treated like he is shows an acute lack of (at least emotional) intelligence. It also shows a lack of common sense. You might do well on tests, but intelligence is more than just IQ.

partygirluk
02-04-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are entitled to think this, but then attack what I said. Why make up stuff and attack that? And IMHO pretentious is the wrong word. "Arrogant" or "Superior" would be more appropriate.

Wayfare
02-04-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are entitled to think this, but then attack what I said. Why make up stuff and attack that? And IMHO pretentious is the wrong word. "Arrogant" or "Superior" would be more appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're doing it again.

partygirluk
02-04-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, you are totally distorted what I said. I never claimed to be able to "prove" anything. I just said I was as sure as I could be. I have not posted any test scores or achievements.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-04-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know why you put the H in IMHO, because we all know it doesn't belong there. I would agree that you're also an arrogant prick, but far from superior to anybody here.

partygirluk
02-04-2005, 04:02 PM
If people misrepresent what I say, then I will point this out.

If someone just criticised me for being close minded, then that is fair. I have never tried to claim in this thread that my attitude is somehow "correct", but actually the very contrary.

Reef
02-04-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.gluteus.us/img/alizee/gifs/g00008.gif

Jake, your avatars are really messing with my ability to concentrate.

[/ QUOTE ]

hypnotizing

pshreck
02-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Cut your losses man. It was stupid to make your initial post. If you really have these deep issues you should be at a shrink, not posting it on this board. It is a pyschological problem that you have these superior, or the word I would like to use... elitist, feelings. It is unhealthy to think that you are above everyone. The problem is that you are not admitting that your perspective might be off, you are just admitting that it might be wrong to not associate with people not as smart as you.

Start to realize, from the responses in this thread, that you may not be as smart as you thought.

partygirluk
02-04-2005, 04:07 PM
It is unhealthy to think you are above everyone. That is the whole point of this thread.

"Start to realize, from the responses in this thread, that you may not be as smart as you thought."

This is a bunch of people on the internet. The other data that leads me to conclude I am smart is much more vast and reliable than that. I am insecure. But can't you accept that by the age of 21, someone could have evidence which overwhelming points to the conclusion that they are highly intelligent?

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-04-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is unhealthy to think you are above everyone. That is the whole point of this thread.

"Start to realize, from the responses in this thread, that you may not be as smart as you thought."

This is a bunch of people on the internet. The other data that leads me to conclude I am smart is much more vast and reliable than that. I am insecure. But can't you accept that by the age of 21, someone could have evidence which overwhelming points to the conclusion that they are highly intelligent?

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously. Just stop. Now. It really would be for the best.

pshreck
02-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Possibly.

From a personal view, I have read your posts for the past two months, on different forums, mainly this and the SNG forum. This is not an insult, but you never struck me as particularly intelligent. This post seems flat out ignorant. There are posters on these boards, whom I won't name, who I would consider highly intelligent by reading their ideas and strong conversation abilities. You really don't seem to have them, that is probably the main reason why I severely doubt you are as intelligent as you perceive.

moondogg
02-04-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Either you are deliberately distorting what I said, or you have extremely rudimentary comprehension skills. Why are many of you taking this as a personal insult.

Lets try some logic:

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think you're talking to the top 2% smartest people in the world on this forum, clearly you're an idiot. There's a lot of smart people here, but not that smart. I don't think Sklansky would even rate himself that high, much less the rest of us peons taking up space here.

Wayfare
02-04-2005, 04:12 PM
Two things:

First, are you sure you aren't equating intelligence with "interesting" when referring to friends? Surely there must be people who might not have the raw intellectual power but make up for it with worldliness, etc. It seems that simply making the blanket statement that "I can't be friends with people who aren't in the XY% of intelligence" is amazingly arbitrary.

Second, I would reiterate that a high IQ is not the only component in measuring intelligence.

partygirluk
02-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Finally! A post which actually usus logic and reasoning to back up what is says. Thank you!

Wayfare
02-04-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Sklansky would even rate himself that high, much less the rest of us peons taking up space here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sklanky would definately rate himself far higher than that.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-04-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you think you're talking to the top 2% smartest people in the world on this forum, clearly you're an idiot. There's a lot of smart people here, but not that smart. I don't think Sklansky would even rate himself that high, much less the rest of us peons taking up space here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Come on. When you think about it, the top 2% really isn't that big a deal. I would wager that most of us here could easily go out and find 49 people who are of lesser intelligence. For some, that'd mean stalking the elementary school, but still...

partygirluk
02-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Sklansky once said (and I don't have the exact quote, but it went something like this)

"In any case, I was never that smart, probably only in the top 1/10000 of 1% of the general population".

Top 2% is really nothing special. Take a school year of 150 people, full of completely random people, mentally handicapped, proffesors, anyone, just totally random. 3 people rate to be in the top 2% of the general populace. Now imagine you take a high school with a school year of 150 that uses a selection process and......

DeezNuts
02-04-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Lets try some logic:

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why, but this is the exact type of person I can't stand, and there are plenty just like him.

I definitely don't take your post as a personal attack, but your arrogance really rubs me the wrong way. You're the smug bastard that I just want to punch in the face.

Similar to the "how you like them apples" guy in Good Will Hunting.

DN

Reef
02-04-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Get over yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed

JoeC
02-04-2005, 04:36 PM
GPAs of me and 4 of my closest friends last semester:

3.48(me)

Shajen
02-04-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For some, that'd mean stalking the elementary school, but still...

[/ QUOTE ]

You rang?

partygirluk
02-04-2005, 04:41 PM
GPA is not the same as intelligence.

pokerjo22
02-04-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Come on. When you think about it, the top 2% really isn't that big a deal. I would wager that most of us here could easily go out and find 49 people who are of lesser intelligence.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess rocket scientists don't use statistics much, huh? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Justin A
02-04-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have this problem. I'm friends with Sponger.

Justin A
02-04-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your main problem here is your ego, not your intelligence. If you want to be all arrogant and look down on people, of course you're going to get bored of them. You're getting bored of the dumb ones because you think you're somehow superior.

Intelligence can be measured in many different ways. Just because you get good test scores or whatever, doesn't make you intelligent in other parts of life. This post displays that you lack intelligence in some very important areas.

Duke
02-04-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But if you are extremely smart then you can quickly ascertain the intelligence of your correspondents, especially if you like to talk about politics and generally some quite deep stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're wasting time talking about politics, you're probably not that bright.

~D

daryn
02-04-2005, 06:23 PM
But if you are extremely smart then you can quickly ascertain the intelligence of your correspondents, especially if you like to talk about politics and generally some quite deep stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're wasting time talking about politics, you're probably not that bright.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

nice.

also who else was in the square root club for a while? you know, it's where the square root of your GPA is actually greater than your GPA.

AustinDoug
02-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Nobody likes stupid people -- including stupid people.

Duke
02-04-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
who else was in the square root club for a while? you know, it's where the square root of your GPA is actually greater than your GPA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't manage that one. I -did- drop as low as a 2.4 when I decided to play pool 12 hours a day and not attend any classes.

~D

the_rookie
02-04-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am insecure. But can't you accept that by the age of 21, someone could have evidence which overwhelming points to the conclusion that they are highly intelligent?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your needs to judge other people for not being "intelligent" is a reflection of how you feel about yourself. Quit judging yourself and others so harshly and I guarantee, that you wouldn't be so insecure.

I used to be the same way. I had a hard time finding which group I belonged in. This mindset drove me crazy because I would feel inadequate with the "in crowd" and "superior" when I hung out with the nerds. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I did too much judging and not enough learning. Everyone has something to offer and you don't seem to get that part.

You can say that you aren't thinking with an inflated ego, but you are. Does this line get anymore arrogant???.... "I don't like stupid people." You can't expect anyone to read this line and not see you as arrogant.

Dr. Strangelove
02-04-2005, 07:20 PM
My friends are funny bastards. I don't give a [censored] how smart they are.