PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else find that the 2+2 adservers time out all the time?

The Bloke
02-04-2005, 10:41 AM
This is really annoying in Firefox, where I get ten popups saying "The operation timed out connecting to adserver.conjelco.com" every 5 mins. Anyone get this all the time, or is it just my connection?

Plus if anyone knows how to turn off that Firefox dialogue box, that'd be much appreciated /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS. Dammit it has happened *5* times just whilst writing this post. Grrr

parappa
02-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Yes, it happens to me as well.

El Barto
02-04-2005, 11:06 AM
In the past few days, 2+2 has been slow in the afternoon and evening. I would have emailed Chuck except for the fact that there is a planned server upgrade next week, which should solve our problems (I hope).

The Bloke
02-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Yeah I've noticed the occasional time out on forumserver.twoplustwo.com - but this is rare. adserver.conjelco.com times out almost constantly, almost all the time (at least, during the day GMT - 5am-1pm EST)

Actually now you mention it, I see that the adserver is on the same network as twoplustwo - I didn't realise they were that closely linked. So hopefully the server they are upgrading is the adserver /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MowrMowr
02-04-2005, 12:19 PM
Anyone who uses FireFox and hasn't installed AdBlock (http://adblock.mozdev.org/) and blocked *conjelco* is INSANE.

The Bloke
02-04-2005, 12:29 PM
I thought it would perhaps be best not to shout about that solution :P