PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 Hand...

otnemem
02-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Please ignore the loose call before the flop. How's my turn play? Maybe this hand played itself...

UTG+1 raises, I call in MP with Ac-3c, CO three-bets, folds to BB who calls two cold, UTG+1 calls, I call.

4 to the flop, 12.5 SB.

Flop: 10c-4c-3d

BB checks, +1 bets (I put him on JJ or QQ, seeing as he didn't cap preflop. I put CO on AA, KK, or AK), I call, CO raises, BB folds, +1 three bets, I call, CO caps, +1 calls, I call.

Great action for my flush draw.

3 to the turn, 12 BB...

Turn: 10c-4c-3d-(Jc)

Yum. +1 fires again, I smooth call, CO raises, +1 three-bets, I cap?, both call.

Figured it was the right time to wake up. Lots of money in the pot, may as well get it in on the turn while everyone's playing fast.

3 to the river, 24 BB...

River: 10c-4c-3d-(Jc)-(Ah)

+1 checks, I bet, both call.

Who would have woken up on the river, rather than the turn? Thoughts?

steeser
02-04-2005, 10:25 AM
With your smooth call and then cap, you are screaming out your hand.

BarronVangorToth
02-04-2005, 10:48 AM
You got two guys to call your cap on the turn with the nuts AND call you on the river. I don't think you could've extracted more and certainly this should be seen as a "Get Out of Jail Free" card as the pre-flop call was horrible. After that, well-played.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)

otnemem
02-04-2005, 10:52 AM
I know, but what are my options here?

I can smooth call the three bet and if CO slows down, I miss two bets on the turn. Then if he fires on the river, and I raise, CO probably folds and +1 calls. So the same amount of bets there.

The best I could hope for is that CO caps on the turn and I raise on the river, but I think I was risking bets that way.

otnemem
02-04-2005, 11:21 AM
I admit that it was a horrible preflop call. It was really stupid, because it was one of those "well I have to go to work now so I want to play this last hand" sort of calls. Impatience paid off this time.

imported_stealthcow
02-04-2005, 12:26 PM
the best part of this hand is that everyone at the table will think you're a lag, you might've 2 players with overpairs on semi tilt and when you decide to play some good hands preflop you'll get paid off.

stealthcow-

otnemem
02-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Yeah, too bad I had to get to work and couldn't really profit from the situation. Damn work...

Jonny
02-04-2005, 04:51 PM
There is no way to extract more than you did. Nice hand.

tpir90036
02-04-2005, 06:43 PM
Getting it in on the turn seems like the best plan since a 4th /images/graemlins/club.gif will totally kill your action and might get you 0 BBs on the river instead of the extra action on 4th street.