PDA

View Full Version : 2 more correspondences with party

MicroBob
02-04-2005, 09:09 AM
Re-sent a previous e-mail to see if I would get any new information from a different representative.

I got a reply in about 20 minutes...have they added some cust-serv or something??

Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting us.

The 20 seats for the Party until you Cruise would be announced only after 7th of February,2005 and we would not be able to give any information before this. On 7th of February, we would check out all the emails we have received regarding this, list out the first 20 and send an email to them.

The partypoints for referring a friend would be awarded only if the person he referred opens a real money account and once he gets his TAF bonus released to his account. So it would not be easy for a player to refer many friends and it is very unlikely for a player to get his 30 referrals partypoints. However, we would also forward this to our management which would look into this and take appropriate decision.

Please be assured that we have an active team of investigations which would not allow players to open up dummy accounts, especially in real money accounts.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Sreelatha.P
Poker Customer Care

--Original Message--
Date: 2005-02-04 07:41
To: affiliates@partypoker.com; info@partypoker.com; promotions@partypoker.com
Subject: Fraud in Party Till You Drop promotion[#2357782]

Hello -
Can you please tell me if the 20 seats for the Party until you Cruise promotion are still available?

I've been playing a lot of hands lately to try and get this and believe I will get the required 30,000 points this week and might have a chance to win (maybe....maybe not).

I have heard that some people are just getting 30 people to sign-up as refer-a-friends and are getting their points much faster that way.
But these are just dummy-accounts and the people that are signing-up aren't REAL players and aren't likely to play again after they clear the initial playing requirement.

Will players really get all 30,000 player-points just by signing-up a bunch of people to fake-accounts?
If someone gets 30 sign-ups in one day won't that ring some alarms there that the points shouldn't be legitimate and this person shouldn't get the prize?

If I play all these hands and find out that it was given to 20 people who all set up a bunch of fake-accounts I will be pretty upset. It doesn't seem like that is in keeping with the "spirit" of the promotion.

Please reply with answers to my questions on what is going to be done about this...and if, in fact, the 20 seats on the cruise are even still available.

I am forward this message to alerts@partypoker as well because I think they should be made aware of the fraud that is taking place within their affiliate program...particularly as it applies to the awarding of points in this promotion.

thank you,
Robert xxxxxxxx

MicroBob
02-04-2005, 09:12 AM
Here's my next e-mail conversation. Again..reply received very quickly.

this one is kind of tricky.
If I think I made it to 30k points by midnight tonight shouldn't I submit my claim then?

Who here really thinks I should wait until the points are actually updated on the accounts-page (which is usually somewhere around 8a to 9a eastern I think)?

Dear Robert,

We suggest you to keep checking your PartyPoints in your "My account" section and as soon as you see the points earned between 1st FEB and 07 FEB 05 as 30,000 then send us an email.

For any additional information please visit the below link

http://www.partypoker.com/news/partypoker_million/ppm-party-cruise.html

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Shailendra G.
Poker Customer Care

--Original Message--
Date: 2005-02-04 07:46
To: info@partypoker.com
Subject: When to submit claim of 30k points[#2357797]

Hello -

I am participating in the Party Until you Drop promotion and have racked up a LOT of points.

When exactly should I submit my e-mail that I have reached 30k points.
Do I wait for the accounts page to be updated the following day?? Or is it okay to send an e-mail before that time if I'm pretty sure I have reached the 30,000 points.

I am expecting to make it to 30,000 sometime later today.

Some clarification would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Robert xxxxxxx

PokerPaul
02-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Bob,

i really hope u get it, but this run around your getting from them is really poor on their behalf.

They just threw out this contest and requirements without the proper infrastructure to back it up and run it properly.

They cant even answer these important and relevant questions.

Although, my guess is if there are a couple of extra people people coming in during the overlap time over the allotted 20, they just may go ahead and give out a coupkle extra trips to avoid bad publicity....

MicroBob
02-04-2005, 10:25 AM
I agree it's confusing.
I don't know about them giving away the extra seats.

They don't have to say anything about how quick the winners got it....they can just tell me "sorry...we had 20 winners who made the claim before you."

I suspect I'll probably send more than one e-mail telling them I got the 30k points. 1 or 2 tonight when I'm approaching it...and then when I think I've passed it.
And then 1 or 2 tomorrow morning when it gets updated.

I just don't trust them enough to wait until the next day...

Here's the conversation I foresee
"well, somebody submitted it at 6am and you waited until 8am"
and then I say "yes, but I was told you had to wait for the account-page to be updated"
"that's true...but he submitted it at 6am"
"but you didn't update until 8am so he wasn't allowed to submit it at 6am"
"yes...but he still beat you. Can I offer you a nice reload on your next IGM-PAY deposit as consolation?"

For all I know...I could try submitting it every hour for the next 30 hours and maybe that will increase my chances.

lorinda
02-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Submit it now.

Then finish the 30k.

Lori

MicroBob
02-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Do you seriously think so?

I'm actually considering it.

vegasforest
02-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Yes, submit it now. Submit it later. Subit it even later than that. Get on record that you have the points (or that you might have the points). That's the only way to protect yourself from the exact situation you described.

I don't see how you can hurt youself by filling their inboxes.

Good luck!

PokerPaul
02-04-2005, 11:37 AM
"Thank you for contacting us.

The 20 seats for the Party until you Cruise would be announced only after 7th of February,2005 and we would not be able to give any information before this."

That is such a scummy thing to do and a lie....'we're not able to give information'

They are purposely withholding this information in order to get you guys to continue to rack up action for them even though it may already be futile.

Even though i'm not involved in this thing i am getting very pissed about their lack of proper business conduct. The greed is just overwhelming at the expense of good customers. And they are making so much already i am just surprised they stoop to these levels to make just a few extra crumbs for their already vast empire.

HesseJam
02-04-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you seriously think so?

I'm actually considering it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob, I also think so. Submit now, submit as soon as you think you played enough to eventually get 30K, submit a couple of hands later, when you are sure that you got it, submit at 0:01 ET the day after you achieved the 30 K and submit as soon as the statement is up.

Maybe also ask for a confirmation each time assuming that you will not get one. This would be grounds ("Since I haven't got the confirmation...") to resubmit and resubmit

MicroBob
02-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Yeah...I think I'm going to start doing that.

I just did some more calculations...

At 1pm today I should be about 4.5 hours short. This might be as little as 4 hours short...but I'm thinking 5 hours to be reasonably safer.

So I'm not sure if I'm going to gut it out until 6p when the happy hours wrap up at 1p (central)...or if I'm going to get some much needed sleep and then go hard from 6p-11p (again...this is central so I have to wrap it up by 11)

We'll see how I feel.

Obviously there's no way of knowing if finishing at 6p or at 11p will even make a difference since it's on the same day.
but there's a chance they will actually go back and look at when the points are accumulated as well as when the submission is made.

Pokerpaul - I don't really begrudge party for holding out until the end of the week.
If part of the reason for doing this is to analyze ALL the e-mails they get as well as scrutinize the RAF types to make sure they are legitimate...as well as team play that might take place on different computers that they could spot...well, then I'm all for it because it could actually be to my advantage.

The better the chances that they would eliminate some contenders the more I'm for it.

frank_iii
02-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Bob, after reading a lot of your posts these past few weeks I just wanted to say that you're a great sport, level-headed, and a valuable asset to these forums.

If there's anyone here that I'm cheering for, it's you. GOOD LUCK!

MicroBob
02-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the advice guys (and lori).
Notice I did not use the future-perfect tense (I think) of 'will have' completed the points or anything like that.
It's Feb 4....my points are completed on Feb 4....they can figure out the rest if they want to.

this is the first of a handful of e-mails I will be sending them unless they tell me to stop bugging them.

-------------------------------------------------

Hi -

As of today, Feb 4, I have earned enough points this week to qualify for the Party Cruise.

Please check my account and confirm that I have 30,000 points this week.

Hopefully I'm one of the first 20 players !! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for a fun..but VERY tiring promotion!!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Robert xxxxxxxx
party handle - xxxxxxxx

MicroBob
02-04-2005, 12:55 PM
Man...these guys are responding REALLY quick these days.

Anyway...it appears more and more that it is when the points-account page updates....but I'll still be bombarding them with e-mails ragardless.

One thing I've thought of is that THEIR records might show the update BEFORE it gets to my accounts-page.
I doubt it...but it's possible.

So I'll hit them again at 6p (assuming I play straight through)....and then again at 10p perhaps...and certainly at 11p (which is midnight eastern).
And then again around 3 or 4a..and then at 6a, 7a, 8a until it updates.

this, of course, is a strategy that could be very subject to change as situations warrant.

anyway..here's the reply:

Dear Robert,

We would like to inform that you are required to earn 30,000 Player Club Points from 1st of February until the 7th of February 2005 to be able to buy a "PPM IV Finals package" worth $12,600 and our records indicate that you have earned 21036.

As soon as you have earned 30000 Player Club Points, please send an e- mail to info@partypoker.com stating that you have qualified and would like to redeem the package for 50,000 Player Club Points so that we can forward it to the concerned department. Please note that this package will be awarded to only 20 players on a first come first serve basis.

The Management will take a decision after the eligibility period only and if you are among the top 20 players who qualify for this package, we will inform you via an e-mail regarding the same.

For more information, please visit the following link:

http://www.partypoker.com/news/partypoker_million/ppm-party-cruise.html

Vishwajit
Poker Customer Care

Bellagibro
02-04-2005, 06:42 PM
You can do it Bob!!!

HavanaBanana
02-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Rooting for you Bob!!

(Even though you made me miss my turn on most of the tables I am currently playing whilst reading these posts.)

ToT

MicroBob
02-04-2005, 08:25 PM
My stats since midnight:

5160 hands
+$12.43
0.01BB/100
Total rake - $733.49

Jurollo
02-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Bob I would definately email them before you get it because they said they were going to check it on the 7th, get your email in their sooner rather than later and resend it a few times.
~Justin

MicroBob
02-04-2005, 08:40 PM
In case anyone is concerned about the quality of my game...I'll have you know that since my last post i have raised my win-rate from 0.01 to 0.13

That's a 1300% increase which I think shows the dramatic level of improvement I have done to my game in the past few minutes....to be specific: actually LOOKING at your cards before betting.
It's a really good addition worth incorporating into one's game and I highly recommend it.

Oh crap....IO see my win-rate has just dipped back to 0.02BB/100.
While typing this post I was evidently not heeding my own advice very well.

5267 hands
$16.43
0.02BB/100

MicroBob
02-04-2005, 08:47 PM
5304 hands
+$0.43
0.00BB/100

liquidboss
02-04-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5304 hands
+$0.43
0.00BB/100

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, after 5300 hands and how many hours of play you are only up $0.43? I really hope you make it on the cruise man.