PDA

View Full Version : CP Mag & UB-2 BS!!!!!!!!!!!!

07-12-2002, 05:56 PM
i have every right to say this, because i actually pay for a subscription to cardplayer, instead of getting it free like most.

i acidentally added my name to the cardplayer mag online newsletter from 2 different email addresses.

yesterday, i got a "Breaking News" email from cardplayer that was announcing UB-2..

it was signed by schulman, and at the bottom of each email, i was given a DIFFERENT name to add as my referral code when i sign up.

these came from cardplayer mag, not cardplayer marketing..

WHAT A SCAM!!!

this is the magazine that i look to for OBJECTIVITY??? should i trust any column i now read there about UB-2??

i think NOTTTTT...

what is it, one email for jeff, one for mommy & one for daddy??? this is a helluva way to run a bias-free magazine..

WHAT A SELL OUT!!!!!

what a conflict of interst!!!!

do me a favor jeff & barry.. when you send me an Email that is designed to line your pockets and add me to your pyramid SCHEME, please have them coming from either

MarketingAndSolicitation@cardplayer.com

OR

LineMyPocketsWhileIPRETENDtoPublishAnObjectiveMag. com

whomever thought this was a good idea must certainly be a stupid, greedy idiot..

that was a NEWSletter????

HA!!!!

you won't sell my name you say, but you CERTAINLY have no problem using it yourself to line your greedy pockets!! how many more will you send me with referral codes having different names?? you got your sisters & cousins covered too???

i will never re-subscripe to your rag agin!!

07-12-2002, 06:48 PM
i received two, myself, and i must admit it irritated me that they would use what must be a huge client-base to try to put them at the head of a potentially sizeable pyramid or two

pretty bad practise in one way but maybe exploiting every angle for a buck is acceptable these days, especially in our game?

07-12-2002, 07:00 PM
this is the magazine that i look to for OBJECTIVITY???

ROFLMAO...what magazine do you think you are reading? You want some semblance (note, I said "semblance") of objectivity, go read US News & World Report.

Cardplayer is a trade magazine - it is one continuous ad (not that that is a bad thing, but you're trying to fashion the magazine into something that it isn't, never was, and has no intention of being.)

07-13-2002, 11:28 AM
Use the "delete" key and find something important to get steamed about--or, better yet, do your blood pressure a favor and chill!