PDA

View Full Version : Final 2 players 20+2

boondockst
02-04-2005, 08:01 AM
Lots of comments, please.......Villain was playing VERY TIGHT and i wanted him to fold an ace and KQ or KJ.....i had been down to 20% of his chips a few hands back and wanted to keep the aggressive play up....he indeed did think for a really long time and i was shocked to see what he did call with.....i think my play is decent....but how about his? the allin might be really dumb but if the turn didn't help, i figured i would be in quite a bind so i liked my fold equity even if i did overbet it.....Based on the FTOP, should i have went all in? (well probably not b/c he had the better diamond draw than me...but with the odds he might fold a draw to that big of a raise....)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t500 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t3500)
Hero (t4500)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Button calls t250, Hero checks.

Flop: (t750) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero calls [t4250] (all-in) , Button calls [t3250] (all-in) .

Turn: (t750) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t750) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Button has Qd 9d (one pair, tens).
Hero has 8d 7d (two pair, tens and eights).
</font>

lorinda
02-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Original post deleted, I misread yours on about three different levels.

Lori

Jason Strasser
02-04-2005, 09:31 AM
This bet is pretty awful.

Just think about what hands will call you. And then think about the money in the pot. In a low limit game, a flush draw, a ten or an ace calls. You really wont get any of those hands to fold very often. If they dont have anything, then you could accomplish the same thing by betting much, much smaller... Something like 1/2 pot.

If your opponent is very tight, then when he limps in, just go all-in. I know even at that level this play has plenty of fold equity. And hey, if you get caught, 87s usually is in ok shape.

-Jason

ReDeYES88
02-04-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
. ..Villain was playing VERY TIGHT.....i had been down to 20% of his chips a few hands back and wanted to keep the aggressive play up....

[/ QUOTE ]

Then punish his SB limp with a PF raise. If he's playing tight, why play to his tendencies and let him see a cheap flop?