PDA

View Full Version : Five Thousand Jews And 9/11

Al Mirpuri
02-04-2005, 07:20 AM
I live in England and know a few Muslims socially.

Two of them have told that five thousand Jews failed to turn up for work at the World Trade Center on 9/11.

The implication being that they had been forewarned and it was a Jewish conspiracy to defame Islam.

It is not true or is it? Does anyone know where it originated? Has anyone else heard it as well?

Jack of Arcades
02-04-2005, 07:32 AM
Snopes calls BS. (http://www.snopes.com/rumors/israel.htm)

zaxx19
02-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Did they also tell you that Jews drink the blood of non-Jewish babies on Passover, that the Jews were responsible for the plague, that Jews control all the worlds financial-Banking systems, that the Jews control the media, that Jews stole Israel from Peaceful-thriving "Palestinian"( whatever that means) community who lived there before the 1870's, that Jews killed Jesus Christ, that Jews are money hungry and will cheat you in any business dealings........

Seriously, if anything this shows how antisemitic the arab world really has become, and why Israel CANNOT trust Arabs with their security but must continue to build walls,checkpoints and nukes to stave off the throngs of moronic donkey cart drivers who believe this crap and want to kill Jews.

Oh, BTW, I personally knew 2 Jews who went to work on 9-11 both of whom escaped serious injury by pure luck and good fortune.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Never heard that, im sure its not true.

hoyaboy1
02-04-2005, 08:15 AM
You are an idiot. Never post again.

nicky g
02-04-2005, 08:21 AM
"It is not true or is it?"

Get a grip.

miajag81
02-04-2005, 08:58 AM
Check out the list of victims...quite a few names like "Friedman" and "Goldstein"....maybe their answering machines weren't working that morning

jakethebake
02-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Wrong forum, troll.

Lazymeatball
02-04-2005, 09:34 AM
ditto everyone else who thinks that the fact that you have to ask this question is disgusting.

peachy
02-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Hes not from here...so maybe he really didnt know...u dont have to be so hard on him...at least he was tryin to get his facts straight and didnt spread false info without asking!

Shajen
02-04-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hes not from here...so maybe he really didnt know...u dont have to be so hard on him...at least he was tryin to get his facts straight and didnt spread false info without asking!

[/ QUOTE ]

so he's stupid instead of trolling? Nah, it's a troll.

Hmmm.

ToneLoc
02-04-2005, 12:48 PM
*** You are ignoring this user ***

pubz r 4 nubz!
02-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Is your post a Jewish conspiracy to defame idiotic Christians?

IndieMatty
02-04-2005, 12:52 PM
There are two trolls in this thread.

Do you see why?

Wayfare
02-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Calling the poster anti semetic for asking the question is just ridiculous. The claim is ridiculous in itself, but if he doesn't see that straight out it doesn't indicate any malicious intent.

People need to stop being so hypersensitive.

Gamblor
02-04-2005, 01:05 PM
are the reason for Palis' terrorism, for the insurgency in Iraq, and for the existence of the State of Israel.

This is the tripe Muslim/Arab scholars fill their masses' heads with, and that's why the masses turn to violence and why Jews aren't safe in the long run without a safe, secure state.

It's not that a few isolated Muslims believe this, it's that a billion Muslims believe every word you said is 100% true.

ToneLoc
02-04-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
are the reason for Palis' terrorism, for the insurgency in Iraq, and for the existence of the State of Israel.

This is the tripe Muslim/Arab scholars fill their masses' heads with, and that's why the masses turn to violence and why Jews aren't safe in the long run without a safe, secure state.

It's not that a few isolated Muslims believe this, it's that a billion Muslims believe every word you said is 100% true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gamblor, your answer almost reached the level of stupidity of the original post. Congrats. Quite paranoid as well... and oversimplistically anti-muslim.
Be proud of yourself.

Koller
02-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Gamblor, your answer doubled the level of stupidity of the original post.

Gamblor
02-04-2005, 01:44 PM
So you deny that Arab and Muslim leaders and scholars regularly brainwash the people with things like this?

You deny that such a constant battering of Jewish/American conspiracy would create a situation in which they would be more inclined to resort to violence and terrorism?

You believe the Palis' cause is so far removed from the overarching Islamic Fundamentalist cause?

Need I remind you that the party that swept the Gaza Municipal elections was HAMAS, the "Islamic Fundamentalist Movement"?

I have nothing but admiration for any Muslim who preaches tolerance, acceptance, unity, etc. etc, just like I have nothing but admiration for anyone who preaches those things.

This isn't a Muslim/Arab thing, it's a politics thing. And the current politics of the Arab world necessarily hold violence as the only means to the end.

Gamblor
02-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Arab News (http://www.memri.org)

Arab Television (http://www.memritv.org)

Palestinian Television (http://www.pmw.org.il)

Shajen
02-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Goshdamnit, you guys!

This is the forum for stupid videos, what you ate for lunch, hot chicks, and sports.

Not this pseudo-political racism [censored].

Come on!

Koller
02-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Gamblor,

1. I don't care about Israel and Palestine.

2. Jewish here, muslims there who cares?

3. Stop your zionist b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t that is all.

andyfox
02-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Stories like this are not the reason for the Palis terrorism. They are certainly one element of it. The Zionists invented most of the terrorist tactics used in the Middle East. They were not anti-Semitic.

Stories like this are not the reason for the insurgency in Iraq. There would be no insurgency is there were no occupation.

Stories like this are indeed the reason for the existence of the State of Israel. But it was European and Russian anti-semitism, not Arab anti-semitism, that provided the initiative for modern Zionism.

The Arabs who are anti-semitic have made a classic mistake: they assume the Jews who treated them badly did it because they are Jews and are therefore innately evil, rather than because they were Zionists and the bad treatment was part of their political program.

Gamblor
02-04-2005, 02:44 PM
IMO, it takes a serious commitment to your belief that your enemy is in fact the devil in order to kill yourself for the purposes of killing that enemy.

This story is the kind of thing, occupation or not, that makes one committed to such violence.

Gandhi didn't kill himself fighting the British occupation.

Gamblor
02-04-2005, 02:48 PM
I don't care about Israel and Palestine.

People who incite violence in "Palestine" don't see any difference between Israel/Jews/America, thus whatever we care about is irrelevant. It's what the violent people care about.

Jewish here, muslims there who cares?

I do. I like being Jewish. I hold the value system in highest regard. I think it is the best way to live my life. I don't agree with spreading lies to blame others for your woes to avoid self-examination.

Stop your zionist b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t that is all.

I am a Zionist. It's so easy to find a perfect explanation for everything when you're 5000km away in Finland. Not so easy when your neighbourhood bus is blown to smithereens.

Beerfund
02-04-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IMO, it takes a serious commitment to your belief that your enemy is in fact the devil in order to kill yourself for the purposes of killing that enemy.

This story is the kind of thing, occupation or not, that makes one committed to such violence.

Gandhi didn't kill himself fighting the British occupation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gandhi was murdered.....

Gamblor
02-04-2005, 03:10 PM
...by an Islamic radical, not the British.

ChoicestHops
02-04-2005, 03:17 PM
It's sad but alot of the Muslims in the Middle East are brainwashed. The links you provided are not propoganda for Zionism, but are true.

The Palenstinian propoganda media machine is incredibly bad.

jakethebake
02-04-2005, 03:24 PM
In case you're all too stupid to find it, here's a link to the Political Forum! (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=politics)

Richard Tanner
02-04-2005, 03:35 PM
THank You !!!

Cody

GuyOnTilt
02-04-2005, 03:40 PM
Calling the poster anti semetic for asking the question is just ridiculous. The claim is ridiculous in itself, but if he doesn't see that straight out it doesn't indicate any malicious intent.

People need to stop being so hypersensitive.

Ditto.

GoT

Cyrus
02-05-2005, 01:40 PM
The story about Jews or Jewish-Americans not turning up for work in the Twin Towers on 9/11 is bogus and a plant of anti-Israel and anti-semitic propaganda. There can be no doubt about either the story being bogus or this being propaganda.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1,000,000,000 people believe that?!? Where do you get such figures?

Don't you think you should be a bit more careful with numbers? It's this kind of flippancy that feeds the Holocaust Revisionists.

[ QUOTE ]
Stories like this are the reason ... for the existence of the State of Israel. That's why ... Jews aren't safe in the long run without a safe, secure state..

[/ QUOTE ]

I will readily concede that the world at large (as evidenced, inter alia, by the numerous UN General Assembly votes) is generally hostile to Israel and its policies.

So I cannot understand how persisting on such policies is good for the Israel, in the long run. You see, either the whole world (oh yes - with the sole exception of the United States!) is going down the wrong path or Israel can take on the whole world in the long run.

Neither case holds water, even in pure probabilistic terms. So, I cannot see Israel being a "safe and secure" place in the long term, sorry.

But you, folks, can always re-define "safe and secure" to fit your agenda, I suppose.

Steve McQueen
02-05-2005, 04:43 PM
This post is anti-semitic crap. how would you like me to post a bunch of stuff about italians?

daryn
02-05-2005, 04:44 PM
www.hbo.com/sopranos (http://www.hbo.com/sopranos)

why are people so dumb?

Steve McQueen
02-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Lol.

GreywolfNYC
02-05-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are an idiot. Never post again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best reply in this thread.

Al Mirpuri
02-18-2005, 02:57 PM
I thought all your replies worthwhile.

I would like to thank those that gave factual information.

I would like to admonish those that resorted to verbal abuse.

One last question: Do you believe 6,000,000 Jews died in the Holocaust? I have also pmed several posters with this very question.

Wayfare
02-18-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

One last question: Do you believe 6,000,000 Jews died in the Holocaust? I have also pmed several posters with this very question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

The huge amount of counter-historians and other disreputable people making claims to the contrary also makes this a very explosive question to ask.

MelchyBeau
02-18-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, the Holocaust was fake.

And to clear a few things up.

We never landed on the moon.

The pyramids were built by aliens.

The earth is really flat.

Elvis and Tupac are alive. They are thinking about starting a band together.

Party poker is rigged.

Melch

02-18-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am Jewish. I was at the WTC on 9/11. I didn't get the call to stay home that day. I also lost family in the Holocaust. Apparently, they also didn't get the call to avoid the trains to Treblinka.

So, it apparently is all a conspiracy by AT&T.

Now be gone with you.

Al Terego
02-18-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Party poker is rigged.

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]

Party Poker rigged? You make me sick!

Al Mirpuri
03-02-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am Jewish. I was at the WTC on 9/11. I didn't get the call to stay home that day. I also lost family in the Holocaust. Apparently, they also didn't get the call to avoid the trains to Treblinka.

Now be gone with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

What to do with those that do not agree with you? Why, just banish them...What makes you any different from the Nazis? You are not any different.

The Jews committed the world's first ethnic cleansing when the drove out the people of Canaan because their God had promised that land to them.

Judaism is a racist ideology. You believe God raised you above all other peoples as a people and you define people racially. The whole world could convert to Christianity or Islam within minutes but conversion to Judaism is not possible in Judaism (except in Reform or Liberal Judaism). You are the world's biggest racists. This is the irony of the Holocaust.

jakethebake
03-02-2005, 02:02 PM
WRONG FORUM! LET THIS THREAD DIE!

Al Mirpuri
03-02-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Party poker is rigged.

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that it is possible to ridicule a belief does not make the aforesaid belief false. An obvious example: Darwinian Evolution is often ridiculed but that does not make it false.

Al Mirpuri
03-02-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now be gone with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The quoted post also has the failing that it gives me unsubstantiated facts. If your Jewish relatives died in Treblinka then perhaps I was a guard there.

As you see anyone can claim anything on the Internet.

Al Mirpuri
03-02-2005, 02:10 PM
At some point someone will realize that this thread is not about what it appears to be about.

bdk3clash
03-02-2005, 02:19 PM
The first rule of Global Zionist Conspiracy is you do not talk about Global Zionist Conspiracy.

Al Mirpuri
03-04-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The first rule of Global Zionist Conspiracy is you do not talk about Global Zionist Conspiracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Al Mirpuri
04-25-2005, 06:41 AM
Some joker gave the Anti-Defamation League my email address.

I gave the Anti-Defamation League a check for $5,000.

PoBoy321
04-25-2005, 06:43 AM
Well you know who's responsible for astroturf, don't you? The Jews. They hate grass. Always have, always will.

And everyone else is right. You're a retard.

einbert
04-25-2005, 06:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ditto everyone else who thinks that the fact that you have to ask this question is disgusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Al Mirpuri
04-25-2005, 07:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well you know who's responsible for astroturf, don't you? The Jews. They hate grass. Always have, always will.

[/ QUOTE ]

All you guys who hate me because I asked a simple question.

Yet, I am Jewish.

Would you like to kill me because I don't agree with you /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Al Mirpuri
04-25-2005, 07:32 AM
I have given $5,000 to the Anti-Defamation League and I have revealed to you all that I am Jewish. Now, all those of you who criticized me look silly.

What have you done for the Jewish nation?

Al Mirpuri
04-25-2005, 08:04 AM
For all those that think racists are unintelligent - wrong!

Some of the greatest men in history were racist. To name just one, John Maynard Keynes, who has been called The Man Who Saved Capitalism was anti-semitic. His ecomomic polices rejuvenated the post-world war two world.

Racism had a widespread following among all the world's peoples until the horrors perpetrated by the Nazis in WWII woke people up to what racism lead to. In the US context, "white blood" was kept segregated from "black blood" until 1940 by the US ambulance service. And you all now the story of the Civil Rights Movement.

This thread has taught me that people find it easier to abuse than educate. They also ignore what they find uncomfortable, no one denied that the first recorded genocide (in the Bible where the Jews expel those living in the Promised Land) was committed by the Jews or that Judaism is a racist ideology as Jews believe that they were raised up as a people by God above all other peoples and they define people racially. Other racist ideologies included Hinduism, Nazism and Shinto.

PoBoy321
04-25-2005, 08:06 AM
So did you just admit that you're an anti-semite?

Al Mirpuri
04-25-2005, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am opposed to all racist ideologies: Judaism, Nazism, Hinduism and Shinto.

PoBoy321
04-25-2005, 08:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am opposed to all racist ideologies: Judaism, Nazism, Hinduism and Shinto.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seriously sicken me.

Luv2DriveTT
04-25-2005, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PoBoy321:

Although I do belive Al is a Troll (just read his threads over the past year, he is often abusive) I'd like to set the record straight. There are many Jews who are anti-semetic (which is sad in my opinion), and there are also countless jews who are anti-zionist. I for one do not belive Isreal should have been formed, therefore I am not a zionist. With that I would like to mention that I was born to Jewish & Catholic parents, I had most of my family wiped out in WWII camps, and I have numerous family members living in Israel.

ironic .. but true.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

PoBoy321
04-25-2005, 09:03 AM
They don't all put Judaism in the same ballpark as other "racist ideologies" like naziism.

EDIT: I didn't use the quotation marks to connote irony. I did it because in another post, he actually referred to Judaism as a "racist ideology" like nazism (sp?).

Exsubmariner
04-25-2005, 09:05 AM
Even if it were only 1,000,000 people who believed all the tripe idiocy of the fundamentalist muslim propaganda machine, it would be a sufficient number of people to do the kind of damage that justifies the argument.
I would put serious money that in the realm of independent verifiable reality, 1,000,000 people do.
X

Exsubmariner
04-25-2005, 09:16 AM
Wow,
I think I have finally encountered someone who is truely self loathing.
X

Exsubmariner
04-25-2005, 09:22 AM
I'm sorry to keep this thread alive here. I truely do not mean to troll. However, I would like to relate an experience I once had. Once upon a time I knew a Jewish lady in Silicon Valley. The crap she spewed at me about the state of Isreal could have been written by Nazi's only reversing the words Arian (sp?) and Jewish. It is a sad truth, there are racist Jews. I have also met racist Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Japanese, Chinese, and Canadians. You would be suprised at just how much everybody hates everybody else. Or maybe you wouldn't.
X

Al Mirpuri
04-25-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PoBoy321:

Although I do belive Al is a Troll (just read his threads over the past year, he is often abusive) I'd like to set the record straight. There are many Jews who are anti-semetic (which is sad in my opinion), and there are also countless jews who are anti-zionist. I for one do not belive Isreal should have been formed, therefore I am not a zionist. With that I would like to mention that I was born to Jewish & Catholic parents, I had most of my family wiped out in WWII camps, and I have numerous family members living in Israel.

ironic .. but true.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because I do not agree with you I have been "abusive". If I agreed with you then I guess you would say that I am charm itself.

jackdaniels
04-25-2005, 09:40 AM
I haven't read through most of the thread so maybe I am missing something. However, let me make a statement that may either clear things up or muddy the waters further.

1. All religions believe that their way is the right and only way.
2. If their way is the right way, the way chosen by others must be wrong.
3. If others are wrong and I am right - I can either teach (save) those others or pitty them for missing out on the "truth".

In conclusion, all religions are, by definition, exclusionary of other religions/beliefs. And all religious people are by definition prejudicial against people of other faiths.

It doesn't matter what religion you are. Just keep in mind that by being religious, you are - by definition - exclusionary and think you are better than people of other religions (or no religion for that matter). Thus, there isn't much difference between being religious and being a racist (in one instance you have prejudices based on race and in the other based on religion).

Now this is a far cry from comparing Judaism, Hinduism or other religions to Nazism. The biggest disctinction is the use of force. Only the Nazi's decided that in order to enforce their beliefs they are willing to murder millions of people. Only the Nazi's decided that the best way to propogate their beliefs is to exterminate any opposing views. To say religion is an exclusionary practice that promotes the belief that you are right and others are wrong is way different than saying there is no difference between Judaism and Nazism.

Al Mirpuri
04-25-2005, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry to keep this thread alive here. I truely do not mean to troll. However, I would like to relate an experience I once had. Once upon a time I knew a Jewish lady in Silicon Valley. The crap she spewed at me about the state of Isreal could have been written by Nazi's only reversing the words Arian (sp?) and Jewish. It is a sad truth, there are racist Jews. I have also met racist Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Japanese, Chinese, and Canadians. You would be suprised at just how much everybody hates everybody else. Or maybe you wouldn't.
X

[/ QUOTE ]

Only Reform Judaism allows conversion. Orthodox Judaism does not. For the orthodox, the world is divided into Jew and Gentile. Judaism was surprised by the goodness of a Samaritan. Why? because Judaism is a racist ideology. Jews believe that they were raised above all other peoples as a people by God. People is defined racially. There are Hindus who would deny Hinduism is a racist ideology but it is just like Judaism, Nazism and Shinto.

Al Mirpuri
04-25-2005, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In another post, you call my prior posts "abusive".

I guess that means that in the circles you move in calling some one "a retard" is a sign of affection or love even. The pot calling the kettle black methinks.

Al Mirpuri
04-25-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wrong forum, troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is a troll? (I guess it's not good /images/graemlins/grin.gif.)

TrishaT
04-25-2005, 10:00 AM
I have enjoyed your postings and the reactions of other posters.......... It all comes down to this: People are Morons and All Religion is Garbage.

Exsubmariner
04-25-2005, 10:02 AM
I've been sucked in now.
I have always viewed bigotry (any shade thereof) as taking two forms. The first is benign. Feeling that you are superior and feeling sorry for someone or wanting to "save the world" or "show people the one true (my) way." The second is malicious. That is, using said bigotry to go exterminate people of competing ideologies, economies, etc and take their wealth. I once fell in love with the idea of viewing history through the lense of bloodlines. I found, though, that this is a flawed idea from an academic perspective because it can only be used as a argument to define a finite number of historical events. Not all of them. I then adapted my view to focus through the lense of resources (wealth). Wealth takes many forms. You can look at history as a quest by whomever to acquire whatever form of wealth and it all makes sense. Sometimes whole nations just use excuses to murder and steal. I can't think of a people or nation where this has not at one time been the case.
As far a religion goes, I like to think about Jesus as the first humanist (for lack of a better term). Love everybody. It makes no difference who they are. Of course, people tragically perverted this message and made a religion which followed the path of every other religion before or since. Someone eventually came along who used it as an excuse murder and steal.
In every time, there will be someone somewhere who is motivated to murder and steal. If they can find an excuse to justify it, I guess they feel better about doing it. In the end, it is still murdering and stealing.
Why can't we all just play poker?
X

jakethebake
04-25-2005, 10:09 AM
STOP RESPONDING THIS TROLLS RIDICULOUS THREADS. CAN'T WE JUST LET THEM DIE!?!

PoBoy321
04-25-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It is a sad truth, there are racist Jews.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course there are, just the same way as there are...

[ QUOTE ]
racist Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Japanese, Chinese, and Canadians.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, you already made my point.

Of course within any group, there will be some who are racist. There's no denying that. However, to call an entire group racist because they believe their way to be the right way (as any group should) is ridiculous.

PoBoy321
04-25-2005, 10:18 AM
I never called any of your posts abusive. Perhaps you should learn to differentiate between all of the different people who refute what you have to say.

[ QUOTE ]
I guess that means that in the circles you move in calling some one "a retard" is a sign of affection or love even.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it means that you are an individual of sub-par intelligence, as I think has been demonstrated through all of your previous posts.

jackdaniels
04-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Religion is simply an ealry form of philosophy. It's intention is to answer basic questions such as "what does it mean to be good?" "what kind of behaviour is bad?" "is killing and stealing wrong? If so, why?"

If you take a look at the origin of law you will likely wind up with the ten commandments. These are divided into 2 columns -

1. Rules between man and god
2. Rules between man and other men

In the first column there are rules that govern ones relationship with god and are listed first so as to denote their relative importance. The second column relates to rules of behaviour in society. They explain how one is to live in a society where a certain code of conduct (philosophy) prevails.

The problem is that these codes of conduct aren't based on rational criteria - but rather only the not-to-be-questioned decree of a supernatural Punisher makes acts like theft and murder wrong.
This is obviously incompatible with freedom loving people. The need to base all basic tenents of interpersonal behaviour and proper ethics in a social environment on the fear from the wrath of an almighty supreme being creates a situation where those not adhering to the same belief can, and will, find ways to justify their own agendas of murder and genocide by claiming to either be doing gods work (crusaders and missionaries) or a simply claim that since they do not adhere to the same religion as their opponent, their opponent AND ALL HIS/HER VIEWS must be worng and must be silenced (by violence if necessary).

In summary, while we once needed religion to make sure some of the basic tenents of life in civilized society were adhered to (thou shalt not kill), today we have the capacity to understand that there are better reasons to not commit murder than the decree of a higher being. In fact, we owe it to ourselves to abandon these beliefs and move on.

I submit that the days of religion are numbered. As far as I'm concerned, good ridance.

Exsubmariner
04-25-2005, 10:46 AM
Please be aware that your view of the world is less than 1% of 1%. I also think that religion's days are numbered. I just hope it's not because Iran aquires nuclear weapons and gives them to a terrorist organzation (or they are acquired through some other means) and this results in a domino scenario and destruction of the human race. Who knows though, that may be what it takes to make religion a thing of the past.
BTW what do you think would replace religion? I have read essays that equate science and religion. Science having it's own priests and profits and "higher" objectives. Is science mearly an evolution of philosophy and religion and just a better way to approach the same fundamental problems every religion and philosophy attempts to address?

jackdaniels
04-25-2005, 11:13 AM
I think we have done enough thread hijaking here. If you want to discuss further, create a new thread labled "religion vs. rational self interest" and I'll be happy to continue there (feel free to repost what you already typed).

Gamblor
04-25-2005, 02:22 PM
1. All religions believe that their way is the right and only way.
2. If their way is the right way, the way chosen by others must be wrong.
3. If others are wrong and I am right - I can either teach (save) those others or pitty them for missing out on the "truth

1: This applies to Judaism, but Judaism accepts that people are not Jews and as such makes allowances for them. Basically, there are only a couple ethical laws they have to follow, and they are pretty much "don't kill anyone, don't steal from anyone, etc."

2: Yep.

3: Now here is where you're way off. The Jewish religion looks at the Jewish nation as an ethnicity, a race. You're either in, or you're not. You can study all there is to know and keep the commandments and convert, but that's the only way in if you're not born in. Conversion rules are very strict, so I don't think there's much to the "we have to save everyone" idea.

Most rabbis won't even convert a non-Jew if she's getting married to a Jew because the rule is such that all conversions must be because of a love of the people, not because they just want to get married.

jackdaniels
04-25-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3: Now here is where you're way off. The Jewish religion looks at the Jewish nation as an ethnicity, a race. You're either in, or you're not. You can study all there is to know and keep the commandments and convert, but that's the only way in if you're not born in. Conversion rules are very strict, so I don't think there's much to the "we have to save everyone" idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is only partially correct. Jews don't go out converting everyone else, and they definetly aren't looking to add a bunch of people to the Jewish religion. But this isn't to say they don't segregate themselves from other religions and communities. The hebrew term "Am Sgoola" (loosely translated as "chosen people") is a cornerstone of Jewish religion - it defines being a jew and there are very few jews who don't believe they are in the right while others are inthe wrong. Pity is probably the wrong word to use, it is more like a gleeful satisafction that ones religion is "chosen" (Jewish case) while others are "on the outs".

bisonbison
04-25-2005, 05:16 PM
[Ghandi was killed] by an Islamic radical...

Wrong. Try again with your head out of your ass.

Kevin K.
05-03-2005, 06:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All you guys who hate me because I asked a simple question.

Yet, I am Jewish.

Would you like to kill me because I don't agree with you /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being Jewish doesn't mean that you know all about Jews, Judaism, or being Jewish. Why didn't you just write a manifesto and post it here instead of starting a thread with this 9/11 conspiracy nonsense.

Your attempt at cunning is completely transparent and anything but.

Dynasty
05-03-2005, 06:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you just write a manifesto and post it here instead of starting a thread with this 9/11 conspiracy nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why didn't you just let this thread die like it deserves too? Why whould you bump it to the top of the forum and draw attention to it when nobody has responded in more than a week?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/idiot.gif

Jules22
05-03-2005, 06:29 AM
jews are way too sneaky to do something so obvious [trolling]

DavidC
05-03-2005, 06:58 AM
I heard it from a convenience store owner, who was Greek. I don't know if it's factual though.

DavidC
05-03-2005, 07:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wrong forum, troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it true = OOT
Why would it be true/untrue = Politics

Edit: reading some of the responses, I see why you could get upset about wrong forums, though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cyrus
05-03-2005, 09:27 AM
Because if it ain't, it belongs in the Politics Page.

texasholdemnut
05-03-2005, 09:30 AM
sounds like an urban legend to me