PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a play site that'll allow two connections from same IP?

The Bloke
02-04-2005, 06:53 AM
Hi guys,

I'm trying to teach my girlfriend Hold 'Em. She just wants to learn for fun, so she's not interested in reading books or forums. She just wants to get a basic idea of what to do, when.

We've played at home with a deck of cards, but it's really frustrating having to shuffle after every hand - inevitably we have hand after hand where one or both of us has rags, so it's shuffle, deal, fold, shuffle, deal, fold, yawn..

So I thought I'd get us both onto a play-money site. For this I liked Poker Room, cos you can make a private play table that only you two can play in. But it checks which IP address you connect from, and blocks two users from the same address playing at the same table. Makes sense in general I guess, but I wish you could override this for a private, 2-person table.

Anyway, before I start messing about with VPNing to my office to try and connect with a different IP, does anyone know of any play-money poker servers which would allow my gf and I to connect over the same IP?

Thanks!

Tom

Mike Haven
02-04-2005, 07:01 AM
http://games.yahoo.com/

The Bloke
02-04-2005, 07:04 AM
d'oh, I didn't think to look there!

Thanks very much /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shoe
02-04-2005, 08:01 AM
I wouldn't VPN to your office to play.... if your work has any filters whatsoever you can get canned for gambling (even if it is play money -- they won't be able to tell the difference)

The Bloke
02-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Nah it's ok - small company, they don't check for things like that /images/graemlins/smile.gif And I'm in the IT team, so I'd know if they started to /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looks like it won't be necessary anyway - Yahoo seems the way to go

zap987
02-04-2005, 10:39 AM
I was playing with a friend on the prima heads-up play money tables without a problem, using same ip.

The Bloke
02-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Ah cool, will try that out too. Thanks!

BlueBear
02-04-2005, 11:07 AM
I believe you should have absolutely no problems with any site.