PDA

View Full Version : Has Paradise always been so dam slow?

RRSDude
02-04-2005, 03:37 AM
Haven't played there in sometime and it seems very slow?

Shoe
02-04-2005, 03:44 AM
It's just a matter of getting used to the software. I started on Paradise, and when I switched to Party I thought Party was the slowest, most boring software I had ever seen. But then I got used to it, and it seemed normal. Now I play at either site and both seem about the same to me.

wmmathguy
02-04-2005, 11:04 AM
I think the players are much slower than at Party.

topspin
02-04-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I started on Paradise, and when I switched to Party I thought Party was the slowest, most boring software I had ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure this statement wasn't accidentally reversed? Party is a bazillion times faster than Paradise, where it can take a couple seconds to register your action even when the "[action] in turn" buttons are checked.

And then there's the people who'll be sitting in LP and still need several seconds to decide if they want to limp preflop ...

CLC
02-04-2005, 11:26 AM
There does seem to be a big difference in the games per hours at Paradise as compared to Party. I have been averaging about 55-60 hands per hour at Party, but only about 40-45 hands per hours at Paradise. I would guess a couple reasons for this would include:

1) Players do not act as quickly at Paradise as they do at Party
2) There seems to be a couple of seconds at the end of EVERY hand while the software "waits" for the player to show/don't show their cards. This does not happen at Party, since you can check the "muck losing/uncalled hands" box and the winner is simply paid. The only check box at Paradise is "muck losing hands". A lot of hands per hours are missed as a result.

Yads
02-04-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And then there's the people who'll be sitting in LP and still need several seconds to decide if they want to limp preflop ...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because they're looking at their opponents before looking at their cards trying to pick up a tell /images/graemlins/grin.gif